May 10, 2011

Stripes & Florals - Part ?








Florals | Everybody, Everywear


A little over a year ago, I started to really play around with my style and branch out, taking pictures and posting them on this medium called a blog.  After a few months of trying this blogging thing out, I started to really explore with different patterns, textures, and layers, drawing inspiration from this great wide world of style-blogging on the interwebs.  I remember feeling so bold and daring - I was mixing a stripe with a floral print! Oh My Gosh!  Who WAS I?  Well, it turns out that once you start down the path of mixing prints, you rarely go back.  My first forays down the path (seen here, here, and here) led to this (here), which still continues to be one of my fav outfits that I've put together.

And this is why when I was putting together my outfit for incorporating florals for today's EBEW, I decided to scrap the original plain white tee (and now "Hey Delilah" just popped into my head) I was going to wear and mix it up with the candy-colored stripes.  The thought that literally ran through my head was "Why Not?" :).  And I'm glad I did, because even though J.Lo might not approve, I love it.  And that's all that matters :).

Skirt, Flower pin - Old Navy
T-Shirt, Sweater - J.Crew
Belt, Sunnies - TJMaxx
Shoes - Target
Necklace, Earrings - Jess LC
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style