May 12, 2011

White-Out






I find that words are not coming tonight - and for that I apologize.  So here are some pictures, taken after a rainstorm, trying my take on the "white-out" trend - although, I feel like the "trend" part should be taken out because it seems like "white" is always trending.  Or maybe that's just how I feel about it.  There are three things that made me happy with this outfit - 1) I made this white dress work appropriate, 2) I was able to use that tie-neck blouse, which I was happy about because it is a surprisingly hard piece to work into outfits, 3) I LOVE the flower pin.

Jacket - Anne Klein via TJMaxx
Dress - J.Crew
Tie-Neck Blouse - Gap
Belt - H&M
Shoes - Urban Outfitters
Sunnies - TJMaxx
Flower pin - Etsy

13 comments:

workitChristine said...

I love the white! I wore some white today too!

http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Shy said...

The pin and the belt really make the dress stand out! This outfit is so nice, I've been trying to fit the perfect white dress and this one is gorgeous!

Shy

Lauren said...

Thanks so much Shy! I am really in love with that flower pin :)

Christina said...

This look is soo cute! That dress is amazing. I love it with the bright coat. I have been wanting to try this for a while with one of my white dresses and red coats. And the photos look so beautiful. The way the sun looks after the rain and the ground still wet. Bravo on all accounts!

AmberBlueBird83 said...

I LOVE the flower pin too! It really pops!

Lauren said...

Thank you Christina! And I am laughing, because I think that is the first
time anyone has commented about the quality of my photos (which is a miracle
for this non-photoshopping, tiny digital camera-using self-photog :))!

RestonStyle said...

Lauren, you look awesome!!! I love all white - and the flower is a perfect touch! Any chance you wanna go out in DC on Saturday night!?

Rebecca said...

I love the flower pin too,and you coat is super cute.

Katie said...

 Oh your outfit is so pretty!  I love the light, airy, summery feel that evades this outfit! BEAutiful!

Lauren said...

Aw, thanks so much Katie! PS, I love that you are a Kate Middleton :)

Rebecca said...

I love the flower pin too,and you coat is super cute.

AmberBlueBird83 said...

I LOVE the flower pin too! It really pops!

workitChristine said...

I love the white! I wore some white today too!

http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style