May 18, 2011

Bright Brevity






There is something going on with my style (and I think my writing as well) right now in which I feel like I am simplifying things.  Easy, comfortable outfits that still have a dash of eclecticism to them.  Like this outfit for example - there is nothing spectacular about it - it's just jeans, a t-shirt, and cardigan.  But I love the play of bright colors off of each other.

T-Shirt - J.Crew
Cardigan - Francesca's Collection
Jeans - Gap
Sandals, Sunnies - Target
Necklace - Payless

12 comments:

hurricanekerrie said...

Well, you know what? Bright and brief works! :) Love this cardigan... It lends a feminine touch to the  very casual and relaxed vibe of the outfit. :)

AmberBlueBird83 said...

I feel the same way.  Maybe its the impending summer thats make me wanna chill out more with my style.  Anyhoo I like this playful and bright number you have on. 

Lauren said...

I think you may be right - summer does equal chill-out-ed-ness :)

Lauren said...

Thanks so much Kerrie - I am seriously in love with that cardi - it's
amazingly versatile - I have to stop myself from wearing it everyday! :)

kelsey williams said...

and you can never go wrong with stripes!

Elaine Hearn said...

 Love it! Totally something I'd wear.

Lauren said...

lolol, this TOTALLY is an Elaine outfit :) I must have been subconsciously
channeling your style!

MONKEYFACE said...

 I really love the bright colors together too.  That cardigan is a really pretty shade of stripey coral!

Katie said...

I would love a close up shot of your necklace.  It looks so cool! 

Monica said...

I love the stripes! And the Target shoes look fab.

Ask the Duplex
 

Lauren said...

Those shoes are so surprisingly comfortable! I am wearing them all the time
:) Highly recommend!

RestonStyle said...

I LOVE simple!! Your layout redesign is just wonderful!!! Are you in town this weekend? If so, if you wanna trek out to Reston, I've got a lounge chair at my pool and a cocktail with your name on it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style