January 7, 2011

Back to Normal





Whew - I feel sooooo much better today about my hair and outfit!  The true back story to yesterday's outfit and hair fiasco is that I had this outfit already in mind, but didn't want to wear heels for the fourth day in a row, so tried to do something creative with flats, but nothing was working, so I ended up having to throw on some jeans and call it a day.  Thank goodness that this outfit came out as well as I was hoping it would in my mind.  I feel like a day is destined to be serendipitous when that happens - even if that is the most serendipitous thing of the day :).

I am in love with my new infinity scarf - it is my first Etsy purchase and it is fantastic!  It was exactly what I was hoping for in terms of color, style, and length.  I highly recommend jolie parisienne - the whole shopping experience was so simple and easy and I received my scarf in what seemed like no time and I thought the prices were pretty great for the product that I was looking for.

I also wish I had a close up of my earrings for I really really love them.  They are so cute and fun and I know that I am going to get a TON of wear out them - they were a Mississippi purchase as well from a cute shop called Turkoyz :).

ANYWAY, I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC weekend!  I am really looking forward to it - this week back at work has been really rough after our "break".  And today for some unknown reason I have developed a weird uncontrollable eye twitch, which my doctor (WebMD) says is due to stress, lack of sleep, and caffeine (guilty, guilty, and guilty - yet I would still like some more coffee).  Oh well!  Happy Friday to you all :)!

Skirt, Top, Blazer - J.Crew (Blazer was a giveaway from my aunt!)
Tights, Shoes, Watch - TJMaxx (Shoes - Nine West, Watch - Fossil)
Scarf - jolie parisienne
Earrings - Turkoyz
Belt - Ross
Necklace - Jess LC

9 comments:

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

You are so cute! Love this outfit.

Anonymous said...

Love this outfit! Just everything about it. Love the colours all together, your blazer and your scarf.
Etsy is my favourite place to shop for presents. :)

Ramsey said...

LOVE the shoesies! They are just so exactly what I have been searching for! I could always use some professional attire ideas!

. said...

I can't get over this color combination. SO CREATIVE! You look punchy and bold and warm and fun all at the same time. Totally makes bad hair/outfit days worth it when THIS is the result! :)

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Love the color of the cowl & the color of your top! Great combination!!

C said...

Oh Lauren, I just ADORE the color combinations in this outfit! The combo of the scarf and blouse is phenomenal!

rlutz said...

I so love this outfit...the pattern on the tights with the pattern on the skirt and the orange shirt just screams happy!

Ramsey said...

LOVE the shoesies! They are just so exactly what I have been searching for! I could always use some professional attire ideas!

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

You are so cute! Love this outfit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style