March 30, 2011

Small Time Style Goes Hollywood...






Clint Eastwood and his Hollywood SAG Union entourage...

Clint Eastwood pointing officially at something...
Perhaps it took Clint Eastwood coming to my small town to break out of my style rut that I feel like I've been in lately.  But having a limited wardrobe selection right now (due to housesitting for my parents) + poring over style magazines this weekend, combined to spark that bit of creativity that I feel like I've been lacking for the last couple of weeks.  I only hope that the spark will stay with me for a little bit!

When I was going through my magazines this weekend, I came across a blurb with J.Lo and she said that she thinks it really takes a stylist to mix patterns effectively.  Well Jenny from the block, I would like to know what you think about this outfit because I have every single pattern going on here.  Tweed + Leopard + Gingham + Stripes + Flower + Studded Belt + Paisley = a lot going on.

But yes - the biggest thing to happen to my small town in 10 years - Clint Eastwood filmed a scene in his new movie, J. Edgar in our little town.  The movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Jeffrey Donovan is also in it as well - neither of whom were sadly in this scene.  For some reason, Clint decided that the best place to shoot a 30 second scene for this movie was my little town, so they closed down Main Street and brought in a ton of extras (but only card-carrying SAG extras) with some antique cars and turned a portion of the street into a Hollywood lot for the day.  It was crazy freezing cold - seriously, my toes got frost-bitten - but it was well worth taking a long lunch break to watch the "craziness" unfold.  This will seriously keep the town abuzz for the next 10 years - our previous celebrity was Bill Clinton visiting us on his way to his first inauguration in 1996.  And the other claim to fame I guess we have is that our mayor was the coach of the Jamaican bobsled team, of which the classic "Cool Runnings" with John Candy was based on.  No lie - at one point in my life, I was in the same office building with our Mayor and he had a poster of the movie hanging in the hallway.  Talk about decoration!

Oh small town provincial life and our brushes with fame and celebrity....

Blazer, Button-Down, T-Shirt, Belt, Flower Pin - The Crew
Jeans - Gap
Shoes - TJ Maxx
Sunnies - Old Navy

14 comments:

Christine said...

Jenny from the block is crazy! You are a very successful pattern mixer!

http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Monique said...

Those shoes are sooo pretty!!

Monique
xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Christina said...

I love this outfit. I think you not only do a good job of mixing patterns, but I also love the proportions and the detail of the belt. P.S. your small town talk reminds me of Leslie Knope from Parks and Rec. Love that show!

Reston Style said...

Hey Lauren!
I love this look and I know it's super last minute but some other local (nova/dc) bloggers and I are getting together on Friday at Reston Town Center! We'd love to have you join us! email me liz.badley{at}gmail{dot}com

-Lizzy
http://restonstyle.blogspot.com

Amber said...

well take that JLo! You look great in the get up.

Mandy said...

I'm so jealous Clint Eastwood came to your town! I <3 him! And maybe J Lo needs a stylist to be able to mix patterns, but the rest of us can manage, thanks Jenny on the Block...

Laura said...

The flower adds a nice touch, and I love the flats.

. said...

Ok that is hilarious about your mayor! And I have a feeling this outfit would be J.Lo-approved. How could it not be?? You are a layering queen!

Kelly said...

I just came across your blog and love your style!
Your layering/patterns in this outfit is great.

I'm a new follower! :)

Kelly
Enterkelly.blogspot.com

curls-and-pearls said...

whoa that is so cool! I would be pretty excited too! I live in a city where stuff is always filming but I NEVER get to see anyone famous!

You look fabulous, I LOVE the blazer!

BluKatKraft said...

What a cute combo!

Elaine said...

Love it! You look like a J.Crew model. And Clint Eastwood? That's soo awesome!!!!!!!!

BluKatDesign handmade artisan said...

What a cute combo!

Elaine said...

Love it! You look like a J.Crew model. And Clint Eastwood? That's soo awesome!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style