August 16, 2011

My Pink & Red Color-Block Take

Orange and Pink 3

Orange & Pink 2

Pink & Orange color blocking

When I saw Elaine's take on pink and orange today, my first thought was "fabulous".  Because it is.  My second thought was, "I've done an outfit like that already!" and I had - I just hadn't posted it yet because I have a bunch of outfit pics that have gotten caught in the snail-pace I take in my blogging approach these days :).  SO here it is - Ta-Da! 

So Monday confession - I watched like 20 minutes of the Bachelor Pad tonight.  Again, felt my brain cells dying in the middle of all the needless tears and needless drama.  I paid penance last week by reading Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink" to try to recover some of my forever gone brain cells (which is a fascinating book - highly recommend).  I'm not sure what book I will have to read next to make up for my long-gone cells - please leave your suggestions for me!

T-Shirt, Skirt - J.Crew
Necklace - Jess LC
Sandals - Urban Outfitters
Sunnies - Target

14 comments:

Rebekah O'Dell said...

I have to admit that it was a pretty interesting episode, capped off by the cutest rose-ceremony-farewell I've seen in Bachelor history! For real!

Lauren said...

lololol - I know, I am going to miss Ames and his Brooks Brothers wardrobe :) I also love how Chris Harrison totally called Vienna out and practically dared her to leave - that was priceless! How I wish she had...

Annie said...

hehehe... i love it when you post anything about the bachelor enterprise... i haven't been keeping up with the bachelor pad, but i have been reading online recaps. it's just all so ridiculous.... but i kind of love it just the same. (can't believe i just admitted that publicly... ) anyway, love this color-blocking trend, and love this particular outfit!

Lauren said...

Don't worry Annie - there's no shame in admitting publicly loving the Bachelor and all of its iterations :). It is just so ridiculous - and I can barely stomach it - which of course makes me love it more :).

RestonStyle said...

I love this pink and red combo! Every time I see that shirt at Jcrew I want to get it!!! Love, Love, LOVE!

Lauren said...

Thanks Liz! I actually tried it on as a dare from a friend and ended up loving it :) Brings me straight back to my late 80s, early 90s childhood :)

RestonStyle said...

Totally! I keep telling the boy that he needs a hot pink pair of swim trunks that colour to be like Zach Morris!!! :)

Elaine Hearn said...

Yay! I love the hot pink with red!!! Twins!!!!!!!!

Rachel B-S. said...

Pretty! I love the hot pink!! -Rachel (adistinctstyle.blogspot.com)

jhkm22 said...

What a great color combo!  I have really been enjoying the colorblocking trend this season.

I watched Jersey Shore the other night for my first time and I just about gagged! Some of these reality shows are just awful. Like you said, it kills brain cells. I may have to take your idea and read a book to repent, lol!

Heather
www.hkstylejourney.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Thanks Rachel! And Thanks for stopping by!!

Lauren said...

Thanks Heather! Seriously, I don't know how you got through Jersey Shore - I tried to watch 5 minutes of it one time and couldn't take it - I guess I just prefer cheesy reality shows instead of smarmy ones :) :) You'll have to let me know what book you end up reading :) I'm always looking for a great read!

AFashionFixation said...

I think pink and orange look great together, beautiful summer look!

Lauren said...

Thank you - and thank you for stopping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style