August 9, 2011

EBEW Pattern Mixing Day

Pattern Mixing

Pattern Mixing 2

Pattern Mixing 3

Pattern Mixing | Everybody, Everywear


I was excited that today's EBEW was a pattern mixing challenge.  I love mixing different patterns in my closet and the more that I work on it, the easier it comes.  For instance, I would have never thought to put this outfit together a year ago.  I would have paired the skirt with a solid color top, worn loose over the skirt, creating an outfit that doesn't work all that well proportionally with this skirt (hence it's frustration in my closet).

I was going to go the route of mixing florals and stripes, but this outfit came to me yesterday as I was walking back from lunch and I decided to use this pretty tie-neck blouse.  In other news,  I think this blouse is going to get a lot of play this fall.

Speaking of things that don't go well together, I would like to lump the contestants of the Bachelor Pad and general intelligence into that category.  I love the Bachelor/ette and its various forms, but after last night's 3 hour cranium-bludgeoning that it effected on my head, I don't know that my brain can literally survive another six weeks.  When the word "dysfunctional" is referenced as a "big" word, or general grammar discarded like yesterday's trash, my years of schooling rise up in revolt and say "No more!".  I promise, I am not such an intellectual snob that I don't enjoy trashy reality TV as much as the next person, but sometimes a girl just has to draw a line somewhere. :)

14 comments:

EnterKelly said...

ooh! I love these mixed patterns! The colour pallet is perfect :)

Lauren said...

Thank you and thank you for stopping by!!

ComplexCardigans said...

Love the two patterns.  The polka dot top is consistent with the color on the stripe on the skirt and your shoes.  What a great look! 

Complex Cardigans

Lauren said...

Thank you and thanks for leaving your blog link - love seeing your own take on pattern mixing! Too cute!

Alamodeetplus said...

I LOOOOVE your skirt! And your hair looks amazing. 

Bailey said...

Love the teal heels! I have a pair and I wear them ALL the time. Great job with the EBEW!

Lauren said...

Thanks Laura! It was a lucky hair day, that's for sure :)

Lauren said...

Aren't colored heels the best? I lurv them :)

Sarah said...

Love this. THis is such a cute look. The skirt is fabulous as is that top. THe heels add some great color!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Thanks Sarah!!

meagan said...

That skirt is so pretty, such a classic look!
-Meaganhttp://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Lyddiegal said...

I love your striped skirt, it is so pretty!
and hooray for giving up bachelorettedom - reality tv is starting to feel more like an insult than entertainment these days.

Katie said...

I am late commenting on this, but WOW!  This outfit looks amazing on you!!!  The pattern play is great and this style just suits you so well.  BEAUTIFUL!

Lauren said...

Aw, Thanks Katie!! You are too sweet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style