July 26, 2011

What I've Been Up To and What It's All About...

Loves of my life....

Look at that hair! That's what rampant humidity will do to freshly done hair.



Look at her accessories! I totally helped to bling her out :).


This past week I got to spend a week living with 14 high school girls.  It was hot, humid, damp, cluttered, messy, loud.  It was also amazing, awesome, hilarious, a privilege, refreshing, and reminded me what life is really, truly about.  It was the longest week of my life. It was the shortest week of my life.  It was truly one of the best weeks of my life.

For 51 weeks of the year, I work, watch TV, work on my blogs, hang out with friends and family - basically living a normal life.  But one week each year I get to be a leader at Young Life camp for my area, running through a mud-filled obstacle course, defying my fear of heights on a ropes course (the worst part of the week for me), rocking out with 500 high school kids during club, and getting to have real, authentic conversations about life and faith with high school girls.  And every year, no matter how hard it is physically, emotionally, or spiritually, God reminds me of Who He is.

Sometimes I get really caught up in how I look (um, *cough* my style blog = my vanity run rampant), or how I am acting in a group of people, or with what is going on in the Web 2.0 world.  But being unplugged from electronics and the realities of trying to just exist in one of the hottest weeks ever (=not looking too hot at all - it was too hot to look hot), allowed those things to be thrown out the window and to really have freedom from all the complications that I bring upon myself.  It is one of those things that I am reminded of each year - that when I let go and surrender to His will, I find the Life that I am craving to live.


Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style