July 7, 2011

Of A Literary Mind...





I have been a fan of Out of Print tees ever since I somehow in those random internet ways discovered them last year.  I love that they use old book covers as the artistic inspiration for t-shirts AND follow the one-for-one model by donating a book to communities in Africa for every t-shirt sold.  Last year for my best friend's birthday (who is an amazing English teacher as well as photographer, book reviewer, and soon-to-be mom - basically a typical wonder woman) my other best friend and I got her a gift certificate for a t-shirt (How do you decide which shirt to get for an English teacher??) and she got the Pride & Prejudice tee

It has been so fun seeing these t-shirts start to pop up among the blog-o-sphere and fellow book lovers.  I finally decided to get the Wuthering Heights t-shirt earlier this year and have loved having it in my closet, although, truth be told, I was struggling with styling it.  But after seeing this post from Emily at sartoriography, I got this idea to style it with this striped skirt, that I also have trouble styling.  It's a little bit of an odd shape - kind of high-waisted, kind of not, sort of knee-high, sort of not.  Just a bit weird.

But whether or not it is the most flattering shape, it was a great summer outfit for one of the hottest and most humid weeks EVER.  Seriously, we had a thunderstorm in the morning today - in the morning!  AND it didn't even take a smidge of the humidity away.  Blech.

Wishing you warm, not humid, days and pretty blue, cloud free skies!

Shirt - Out of Print Tees
Skirt - Banana Republic
Belt - H&M
Sandals, Sunnies - TJMaxx
Necklaces - Jess LC

(Look, I CAN put together an outfit without a piece of J.Crew!!) :)

14 comments:

RestonStyle said...

super cute!!! I am so looking forward to getting together again (finally!)!

jhkm22 said...

Oh this is so cute!  I love how you paired a casual tee with your skirt. You look adorable.

http://www.hkstylejourney.blogspot.com/

BetweenLaundryDays said...

YES. Love it! I need to get me one of those shirts. :)

Lauren said...

You would TOTALLY rock one these shirts - I can see it in my head right now
as I type :)

Monica said...

Such a great skirt!!
Ask the Duplex
 

Christina said...

So glad you got one. They are such cute tees, but they do pose a sartorial challenge. Maybe I will bite the bullet one day.

Christina said...

So glad you got one. They are such cute tees, but they do pose a sartorial challenge. Maybe I will bite the bullet one day.

Sarah said...

Adorable! I love these shirts as well. This site has been in my favorites forever. I can never decide which shirt I want!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

hurricanekerrie said...

I'd meant to buy something from there but I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me... because the way I've been devouring Jane Austen books these past four months, I really should be living in a Pride and Prejudice tee haha (though I'm not much of a tshirt girl)

Your outfit is cool-- loving the cool colors. The skirt definitely spices up the shirt...  I think I should give Wuthering Heights another chance maybe next year. Hehe I just  read it this year (I know. Late.)  and couldn't get over Heathcliff's hatred. For some reason I was rooting for the Lintons all the way! Didn't care much for any of the Wuthering Heights people-- except for Hareton. Poor pup, er, kid.

Jessica Zigenis said...

I love love love Out of Print tees! I rocky my Great Gatsby one all the time. I love this outfit! And yey for Jane Eyre. I'm thinking I need to go buy it too. : )

Lauren said...

You won't

Lauren said...

You won't regret it! It's SO good! :)

Katie said...

Okay I can't decide if this outfit, or the newest post (yellow outift) is my favorite...I LOVE both...so cute!

Spoilsofwear said...

I WILL own an Out of Print tee.  They're just so stinkin' smart and stylish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style