July 5, 2011

A Dash of Pink, a Smidge of Blue




It has been a while since I posted up in here!  My apologies - it's been kind of crazy and it's only going to get crazier.  For those of you who continue to stick around and read this occasionally, thank you.  You are too kind and sweet, truly.  And those who leave a comment, thank you.  It is so fun to hear from people - it makes this blog the fun outlet that it is for me.

The title of this post reminds me of the Sleeping Beauty fairies and their pink/blue wars that led the evil crow and hence Malificent to the that little cottage tucked away in the woods. "Pink!" "Blue!" "Pink!!" "Blue!!"

This outfit is from a couple of weeks ago.  I love this bright pink neon shirt (and a post will be coming starring it again) and I decided for this outfit that I wanted to try mixing it with a print.  This skirt is actually a light blue although it seems to be more gray in these pictures (having editing troubles).  Then I added the navy flower pin and somehow it all seemed to work together.  I love how fun yet still classic the whole combination feels.

Have you tried mixing a neon color into your wardrobe yet? How have you styled these fun colors?

Shirt - J.Crew
Skirt - Banana Republic
Shoes - Target
Flower Pin - Anthropologie
Sunnies - TJ Maxx

6 comments:

MONKEYFACE said...

I LOVE those scenes from Sleeping Beauty.  I always loved the pink and my sister loved the blue - it was kind of what defined us as kids :)  You look wonderful in this!  That skirt is fantastic and those heels are very flattering.  Hope life calms down for you a bit, unless you thrive on the craziness!  :D

Lindsey Niles said...

The skirt flares perfectly. I am in awe.

I went through a phase where I was all punk-rock-neon-and-black, and I've tended to stay away from neon since. It'd be interesting to work it back into my wardrobe in a girly style like this-I'm definitely taking notes!

The Bombshell Manifesto

Annie said...

That neon shirt is adorable, but that skirt is what caught my eye! I just love how it flares out just-so. Super flattering, and kind of Audrey-esque. So pretty!

Lauren said...

I don't know if thrive is the right word - float along with it would be the
more accurate word :).

And wasn't that movie the best? I probably watched it at least a hundred
times - that movie and "The Last Unicorn" were the two movies that I always
asked to rent when we went to the video store :)

Lauren said...

You are too sweet Annie!

Lauren said...

Lindsey, I totally know what you mean - when I was like in first grade, I
would wear bright neon pink with a black and white polka dot skirt - it was
my favorite outfit - I guess some loves never go away :). Thanks for
stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style