June 7, 2011

Talking Heads






I fully admit that this is a concept look for me.  I don't know if I have the actual guts to walk around public in shorts and boots.  But there was something about this ASOS horse blouse that was just begging me to throw my boots on.  So I listened to the blouse against my better fashion sense that was saying "Giiirrrllll, what are you thinking?" because I knew that I was just going to run outside and snap some pictures to see which fashion voice was correct - the blouse or my inner sense of style?  And now I can't decide because after looking at these pictures, my inner sense of style thinks that while it's a bit of a departure from my normal repertoire of late, there is still some element here that I think makes this actually work a little bit (can you sense my confident inner voice of style in that sentence?).

Regardless of whether this particular outfit works I am excited to style this ASOS blouse once it gets back to me - I had to send it back for a smaller size.  I was literally swimming in it, and while I like a loose-fitting blouse, this was way too loose.  So here's hoping it will make it to the UK and back quickly! Because it is the perfect marriage between my horse-obsessed younger self and my current style sensibilities.

Tunic Blouse - ASOS
Shorts - J. Crew
Boots - Steve Madden via Piperlime
Belt - The Limited

7 comments:

jhkm22 said...

That horse shirt is so adorable!  I think you rock out the boots just fine. 
http://www.hkstylejourney.blogspot.com/

MONKEYFACE said...

I think it looks fantastic!  As soon as the pics loaded I thought it looked wonderfully put together, I didn't think "Oh what is Lauren doing, this is not Lauren!!" or anything.  ;)  And yes, the horse top is incredible so I I'll cross my fingers they get the right size back to you soon!!

Lauren said...

I guess as long as there's a piece from J.Crew in my outfit it can't really
not be me, right? :)

Viktoria with a K said...

It's a liiiittle too hot to wear boots down South, but I do love this look! It looks great on you!!

Lauren said...

That is sooo true Viktoria - it's why I just tried it out for pictures - I
would have been dying all day otherwise! :)

Betsy (Miss B) said...

You can totally wear this out! It'd be a shame if no one got to see how cute you look!. And that shirt! I've a clothes crush on that shirt.

Katie said...

Love the shirt!!!  Boy, do I :)  I think the outfit is cute...you go rock it in public with confidence lady!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style