June 6, 2011

A Gift of Good Design





 On Saturday I got a little present in the mail - my very own Megan Nielsen skirt!  I have been so excited about this skirt.  I really love Megan's spring collection and fell in love with this skirt when I saw it online.  The other things that I love about this skirt - 1. It's quality. It's a beautifully lined skirt in a gorgeous crepe de chine fabric.  The stitching is expertly executed and it zips like a charm.  2.  It was designed by an independent designer who successfully runs her own business, something that I love to fully support.  3.  Megan happens to share a town address with me.  And if that wasn't enough, she is Australian just like my sister's fiancee, and channels her love for her country through her designs and inspiration (which works perfectly for the Virginia heat! :)).  I can't wait to style the heck out of this skirt throughout the summer!

Besides getting my gift to myself this weekend, I also got to celebrate graduation with a bunch of the high school girls that I have gotten to know through Young Life.  It was such a perfect weekend, getting to celebrate and love them as they take this next step in their journeys.  It is a fact that God has blessed my life through the gift of getting to know them. I am going to miss them sorely, but am also so excited for them at the same time.


I hope Monday is off to great start for you - crossing my fingers that the same can be said for me :).

Shirt - J.Crew
Skirt - Megan Nielsen
Necklace, Earrings - Jess LC
Shoes - Target

7 comments:

jhkm22 said...

What a beautiful color combination.  That skirt is gorgeous!
http://www.hkstylejourney.blogspot.com/

Alamodeetplus said...

Beautiful skirt! I love the flare it is has to it. Very flattering shape. 

Lauren said...

Thanks so much and thanks for stopping by!!

Lauren said...

Thanks Laura - I really love it! Definitely was a great buy! :)

Rebecca said...

I like the skirt, and the color is lovely.   I have been trying to justify buying the blue Megan Nielsen dress.

AmberBlueBird83 said...

that cute is crazy skirt, I can see why you love it so much 

Claire M. said...

I just love the dress so gorgeous ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style