June 4, 2011

A Nautical Feeling





An image of Horatio Hornblower and his men from the A&E series Horatio Hornblower


I have a fascination with the sea and sailing, particularly British maritime history, mainly due to the fact that when I was growing up my family fell in love with the A&E series, Horatio Hornblower.  I recently found the series on DVD and have been watching the episodes throughout the week.  They are just as good as they were 14, 15 years ago (I can't believe that is when we first watched that series, but it was somewhere in the mid, late nineties...*sigh*), which is saying something for the quality of the series.  Master and Commander may also be one of my favorite movies.

So today, I admittedly went a little costumey with this outfit.  Channeled my nautical-feeling a little bit too much, one could say.  But I'm ok with that.  I had fun with it and felt like I was ready to climb the rigging at the word of the captain.  Just as soon as I got over my fear of heights of course.

Top - J.Crew
Pants - Banana Republic
Sandals - Target
Scarf - ?
Anchor Necklace - UrbanOutfitters
Earrings, Necklace - Jess LC
Ring - gift

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Very cute and casual ~ love the nautical feeling too! I also appreciate the good looking men picture as well ;)

Lauren said...

Mandy, I was more than happy to oblige with that picture :) lolol

hurricanekerrie said...

I love the nautical vibe! And who are these handsome men? I've never heard of this movie... might be time to check it out. :) 

Lauren said...

Kerrie, it's an old TV series called "Horatio Hornblower" - HIGHLY recommend
:) handsome men AND good stories! can't beat it! :)

Alamodeetplus said...

Loving the stripes with the crisp white pants! Very summery. I don't think you look costumey at all. Very classy, in fact.

Love the blog redesign as well! 

Katie said...

That pocket watch is gorgeous!  It definitely fits your nautical theme...

Lauren said...

Thanks Katie! It's a favorite accessory of mine, for sure :)

Anonymous said...

Hola,

Este topic es simplemente incomparable:), me es muy interesante.
http://www.ddl17.com/
Ilias

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style