June 17, 2011

A Short Story





This was not the original outfit that I started out wearing on this particular day.  No, I had this really pretty white silk shirt that was loose and dreamy and just perfect for summer and the necklace popped off the shirt in the most perfect way.  Well this particular day I actually had food in my refrigerator to eat (a rare occurrence for this gal), so decided to go home for lunch and enjoy the sunshine after being in the office all morning.  So I came home, grabbed a leftover taco out of the fridge, picked up my Kindle and then headed out to my back porch to sit and enjoy a few quiet moments.  There I was munching away on my taco, reading my Kindle.  Then I looked down.  To my horror a piece of the taco had escaped and fallen on my beautiful, newly dry-cleaned white silk shirt.  I leaped out of my chair, ran inside, located my Shout wipes and furiously scrubbed away.  Most of the stain came out, but it wasn't wearable for the second half of the afternoon.  So I threw open my closet doors and grabbed the first shirt that came to me, which was this green gingham number.

And so ends my story.

Has a tragic lunch story ever happened to you?  Am I the only one that munches on leftover tacos to tragic results? Or is it just karmic retribution for choosing a leftover taco instead of an expensive salad for lunch?

Shirt - Land's End Canvas (Highly recommend these LE shirts!!)
Shorts - J.Crew
Necklace - Fossil via TJMaxx
Shoes - Target (seriously, the cost per wear of these shoes has got to be down to a $1 - I wear them ALL the time!)
Belt - The Limited
Sunnies - TJMaxx

7 comments:

Lo said...

at my last job, when i was only 10 minutes from the office, there were many-a mid-day changes.  unfortunately, mine were not from yummy leftover tacos, but rather an overly excited german shepherd on a damp/rainy day.

BetweenLaundryDays said...

For some reason, I find the fact that a TACO ruined your shirt incredibly hilarious. I hope you do, too, otherwise I just sound mean. ;-)

In any case, you have been killing it with the shorts ensembles lately!

Lauren said...

Oh, I do find it hilarious now, especially since the stain came out. I
actually was eating tacos all week because I had made a bunch for some
people who were coming over for dinner, and then only half of them actually
showed up = tacos for breakfast, lunch, dinner! No more tacos for a while
now :)

Lauren said...

It's a good thing that dogs are somehow so incredibly cute and worm their
way into those special places in our heart, right? :) My parents' Boston
Terrier ALWAYS jumps up on me as soon as I walk in the door - it is both
endearing and hurts like the dickens when I happen to be wearing a skirt or
shorts over there!

hurricanekerrie said...

Oh noes! I hope the shirt is gonna be okay! This has definitely happened to me one too many times, though not yet on clothing that I would mind getting stained.

Meanwhile, I needs me a gingham shirt... I like this green one. 

Katie said...

This outfit is positively amazing!  So adorable.  And I really love the shirt...going to LE to check it out now :)

Lauren said...

Thanks so much Katie! LE has the best fitting shirts around! love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style