April 11, 2011

Playing Around with the Closet






This is more of just a concept outfit that I was playing around with the other day.  I recently got this lace top and was wondering how I was going to style it.  So I decided to just throw it on over a shirt I was already wearing and added a few accessories, some pumps and voila! An outfit!  If that doesn't show the power of accessories, I don't know what else will convince you (unless you participate in the 30 for 30 - then you will become REALLY convinced! :)).

When it came to the accessories, I just decided to keep layering more and more necklaces.  This is actually the first time I've done that in a while - I've been going for more minimal jewelry lately (meaning just one necklace, earrings, 4 rings, a watch, and 2 bracelets - you know, minimal :)).  And isn't that white belt fun?  Just another reason for me to love the Maxx. :)

Lace Top - Madewell
Shirt - Banana Republic
Jeans - Michael Kors via TJMaxx
Necklaces - J.Crew, White House Black Market, Target, and Walmart
Belt, Sunnies - TJMaxx
Shoes - Tahari via DSW

10 comments:

Reston Style said...

Lauren - you look awesome!! I can't wait until we get to hang out again. I too am a Maxxinista - wanna go shopping when I get back?!
-Liz

Elaine said...

Love the layered necklaces!

. said...

I can't believe that's four necklaces - it looks seamless! I just love it when an outfit magically gets thrown together :)

Amber said...

um, your necklaces are amazing, nuff said :)

C said...

I love the color of that blouse!!

Karrisa_T said...

I love the neverending layers of necklaces! Love it a lot! It goes great with your lace top as it accentuates the richness of the entire outfit. You totally look like you should be on a yacht over at Martha's Vineyard. :)

Mandy said...

This looks so pretty and feminine ~ I definitely think you nailed the lacy look!

Laura said...

Lauren you look so gorgeous here! This lace top is amazing and you styled it perfectly. You look very chic. And can I jump on that shopping trip, too?? :)

Mrs Vintage said...

Hi, first time stop by yr blog!! I love yr Blog. Have followed you, do you mind follow my blog as well?

http://mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com/

Between Laundry Days said...

I love the color of that blouse!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style