April 29, 2011

Interior Inspirations







When I was at my parents' house this weekend, I was flipping through my mom's newest edition of House Beautiful. I love to flip through this magazine, because after fashion and style magazines, I love interior design mags.  I love to decorate my home almost as much as I love to decorate myself :).  But anyway, as I was flipping through the pages, I came across this page and fell in love with the color combination of kelly green + mint + white.  So I immediately began to think of how to incorporate it into an outfit, and voila!  Such an easy simple outfit - seriously, just a t-shirt, cardi, and skirt, but the color combo turns it into an outfit that I really love.

Do you all ever get outfit inspirations from home decor magazines? Besides fashion and style magazines, where do you get your inspirations?

T-shirt, Cardigan - J.Crew
Skirt - Express
Shoes - Ross
Belt - H&M
Necklace - Forever 21
Sunnies - TJMaxx

12 comments:

RestonStyle said...

I love that cardi! It is just do great in that mint green! Have you done your pantone colorstrology? (check here: http://missedmatched.blogspot.com/2011/02/colostrology-astrology-numerology-oh-my.html )
My colour is garden green (I think) and it makes me want to copy your colour palette from this outfit! :)

kelsey williams said...

I absolutely love that you were inspired by those paint colors! Mint and kelly green look so great together--who knew?

lauren4 said...

Liz, I had never known about colorstrology before, but just did it :) Too
funny! I was a Laurel Green (go figure!) And please do copy the colour
palette - it is my new favorite! :)

PS - I tried to friend you on Facebook, but it didn't let me! So weird...

lauren4 said...

Thanks so much Kelsey!

Christina said...

Color is a constant inspiration for me wherever I end up seeing it.

Monica said...

Oh, these greens are fabulous on you. Love your blog! I love finding new blogs I like. I'm your newest follower, hope you'll follow back!

Ask the Duplex

Katie said...

I LOVE that you based your outfit on an interior design! I am working on some patio furniture right now with a similar color scheme...you could come sit on my patio and fit right in...heehee

Jill Erickson said...

Such a great inspiration! I love how these colors look together!

hurricanekerrie said...

These colors are so lovely! Greens are so pretty especially in the spring and summer. I think it's got to do with the general landscape... Great inspiration.

Linley said...

that green on green is fabulous! and the white skirt just brightens everything up!

Angeline said...

Oo pretty! I love reading decor blogs and mags, but I've never thought to try interpreting my preferences into my wardrobe. Great idea!

AnnaBananaCupcake said...

I love that color of mint green. It's one of my favorites and I just got it in a nail polish. Lovely! I love the unexpected places we find inspiration.
XOXO

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style