March 23, 2011

Weekly Update




Hello to everyone out there!  I hope all is going well out there in blogging land! I saw that some of you lovelies got to go to the Texas Style Conference - the pics I've seen look like so fun!  Very jealous...

Last week was another crazy week in these parts, but something amazing happened over the weekend.  SPRING IS FINALLY HERE IN VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!  There is truly nothing in this world that makes me happier than the warming of the days.  It started with saying goodbye to Daylight Savings Time, and the light extending into the hours of the night and my circadian rhythms being sent aright.  Then this morning as I was walking to work, it was just the right amount of warmth and coolness and the birds were singing their hearts out, and  the daffodils have bloomed and it almost felt like my heart lifted itself outside of my body into a realm of bliss and happiness that just pasted a smile on my face all day.  I am glad that the depression of winter  is finally over and that spring has mercifully come early to my little town.

This outfit plays sequins and gingham print off of each other, while also trying to stay in the pink/peach family.  I liked it - it was one of the rare moments that I stretched my sartorial creativity lately.  Seriously, getting dressed in the mornings is becoming SOOOO difficult in a completely different way now - I am finding that I have to push myself to wear something other than jeans and a t-shirt.  It's a weird phase to be going through.  Here's hoping that spring will push this phase away...

Sequin Tank - American Eagle
Gingham Shirt, Pants - J.Crew
Flats - UrbanOutfitters
Necklace - Etsy
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style