March 23, 2011

Weekly Update




Hello to everyone out there!  I hope all is going well out there in blogging land! I saw that some of you lovelies got to go to the Texas Style Conference - the pics I've seen look like so fun!  Very jealous...

Last week was another crazy week in these parts, but something amazing happened over the weekend.  SPRING IS FINALLY HERE IN VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!  There is truly nothing in this world that makes me happier than the warming of the days.  It started with saying goodbye to Daylight Savings Time, and the light extending into the hours of the night and my circadian rhythms being sent aright.  Then this morning as I was walking to work, it was just the right amount of warmth and coolness and the birds were singing their hearts out, and  the daffodils have bloomed and it almost felt like my heart lifted itself outside of my body into a realm of bliss and happiness that just pasted a smile on my face all day.  I am glad that the depression of winter  is finally over and that spring has mercifully come early to my little town.

This outfit plays sequins and gingham print off of each other, while also trying to stay in the pink/peach family.  I liked it - it was one of the rare moments that I stretched my sartorial creativity lately.  Seriously, getting dressed in the mornings is becoming SOOOO difficult in a completely different way now - I am finding that I have to push myself to wear something other than jeans and a t-shirt.  It's a weird phase to be going through.  Here's hoping that spring will push this phase away...

Sequin Tank - American Eagle
Gingham Shirt, Pants - J.Crew
Flats - UrbanOutfitters
Necklace - Etsy

12 comments:

. said...

I'm SO happy that you're settling in to spring time :) This outfit is just lovely. Going to have to try the all-pastel with a bit of black!

Destined For Now said...

Love the sparkly tank over the shirt. So unexpected and so cute!

Sharon Lei said...

LOVE the sequin and plaid combo. Looking great hun.

xx Love & Aloha

Christine said...

I love the pastels! This outfit will help to cheer me when we get freezing rain here in IN tonight!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

C said...

I love the layering and pastels!!

Nanina said...

Love the tank! And spring, haha. I sat in the sun all day today and I know where I'm going to do my outfit shots tomorrow! It's going to get flowery, I found a meadow with daffodils and a cherry blossom tree :-D

Relatable Style

Amber said...

cute look, love the sequins. Send some of that awesome Spring weather my way please :)

Christina said...

This look works so well! The pink in the sequin top really brings the gingham along in this outfit.

Karrisa_T said...

I forgot you now walk to work! I'm glad it's spring, then! :) Spring for me means, icy roads and more snow. bleurgh.

I do like your pastel combo. Sequin tanks are so cool! I should really own one... ;)

Laura said...

Um I am in LOVE with your sequin tank!! Two of my favorites: pink and sequins.

Elaine said...

I love the sequin tank over the gingham shirt!

Lili said...

Love the tank! And spring, haha. I sat in the sun all day today and I know where I'm going to do my outfit shots tomorrow! It's going to get flowery, I found a meadow with daffodils and a cherry blossom tree :-D

Relatable Style

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style