March 15, 2011

Easy Outfits, Crazy Days


Oh my goodness, am I actually posting an outfit the day I wear it?  Unreal!  It's such an anomaly for me these days, so you are going to have to pardon my excitement :).

This is the kind of easy outfit that I find myself trending towards these days.  A little bit of a billowy, looser silhouette on top with a jacket, scarf, and straight or skinny pants and flats - who would have thunk it, especially with me?  But it turns out that the little half mile or so that I walk to work across crooked brick walkways isn't really conducive to cute heels.  I have walked to work in my flats and then put on my heels, like I did on Friday (when I did actually participate in Red Pump Day, but it poured an unreal amount of rain down all day so I couldn't get any pictures).  It's a little bit like I am re-learning my wardrobe.

Anyway, I just want to thank everyone for hanging around here as I go through these life-routine changes.  It means so much to have you all comment and bring some fun and positivity through my day!  Thank you, so very much!

Jacket - Marshalls, long time ago
Blouse - White House Black Market
Jeans - Gap
Shoes - Urban Outfitters
Scarf - Gift
Earrings - Jess LC

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I walk to work also and know full well the dilemma between wearing flats all the time or changing into heels. Admittedly, the flats are winning out. :)

Rebecca said...

I wore flats all the time when I took public transportation to work, since it involved a ton of walking. I drive now, so I can wear shoes that are a little less comfortable. Since I'm in a huge building, I can't wear truly impractical footwear though.

Amber said...

when i lived in NY i always kept a pair of flats in my bag, walking around in heels all day is so tiring

Christine said...

what an incredibly beautiful scarf! this outfit is so lovely because it is simple, but so so chic!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Nanina said...

Ohh nice scarf! :-)

Relatable Style

C said...

Mmm, I just love this outfit! Such a great blazer, and I'm always such a fan of those flats. :)

. said...

Your hair is getting so long, Lauren! Loving your blazer here today. Keep on keepin on with your new life - we'll be here!!

Dorota said...

Hi,I have been following your blog for a while,very interesting!I have started blogging as well,please visit me:

www.jewellerybijou.com

thanks
Dorota

Dorota said...

Hi,I have been following your blog for a while,very interesting!I have started blogging as well,please visit me:

www.jewellerybijou.com

thanks
Dorota

kenda said...

oh how i want those shoes. they would fit in perfectly in my closet. as far as your outfit goes, i'm really digging the relaxed look. for me, your scarf makes the outfit.

Brittney said...

your shoes are fab-dabulous! and, seriously, i'm discovering that simpler is usually better. i used to try to get, like, 18 different items in each outfit...now i'm content with about 4, and i think i look better. your scarf is absolutely amazing--beautiful colors. love this whole thing!
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; come on by and check it out if you'd like!)

Unknown said...

This is such a cute outfit! The shoes and scarf are such a bonus. Love your blog!

Deb said...

This is such a cute outfit! The shoes and scarf are such a bonus. Love your blog!

Sophia said...

I walk to work also and know full well the dilemma between wearing flats all the time or changing into heels. Admittedly, the flats are winning out. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style