March 9, 2011

A Modern Day Fairy Tale...


Once upon a time, there was a beautiful dress listed in the sale section of Madewell.  A small town girl fell in love with this dress one night when she was browsing online, but in an effort in trying to be a good shopper decided to wait until the morning before buying it - she wanted to be extra sure that she really  loved it.  That night all she could dream about was it's detailed beauty, it's amazing fun pockets, and it's uber-cute ruching on the shoulders.


This small town girl woke up with excitement because she knew she was going to add a new favorite piece to her wardrobe.  But then - DISASTER!  The dress was no longer listed on Madewell!! It was a travesty of travesties and left her broken-hearted.  She searched Smashion and Ebay, to no avail.  But as all broken hearts eventually do, her heart mended itself, but never forgot the uber-cute dress.


THEN, on a lark last week, this small town girl was again perusing the Madewell website, and what did she find? THE DRESS!! IN HER SIZE!! It was fate! It was meant to be!  And 2 minutes later the dress was purchased and on its way to her wardrobe!

In case you couldn't tell, I really really love this dress.   I can't wait to style it in a myriad of ways!  The only thing I need to be on watch for is static problems - I had a minor crisis in walking in it to work the other day (did I mention that I now WALK to work?) - but thankfully had a long coat on!  But beyond that, I think this is going to be a closet favorite for a long time! :)

Dress - Madewell
Boots - Piperlime
Scarf - Target
Socks - TJMaxx
Necklace - Jess LC

9 comments:

Karrisa_T said...

Haha! Love the story. Good things certainly come to those who wait, yeah? You walk to work?!? Wow. I'd like to one day be able to ditch my car and use public transportation to and from work. But not until I leave this Minneapolis suburb...

Hey, I see your Rock the Red Pumps badge! High-five! Rock it, girlie!

Annie said...

that dress looks great on you! isn't scoring a great deal -- on something you really, truly love and will wear -- the best?? congrats on your great buy!

Christina said...

You are so cute. I love shopping fate!

. said...

GASP @ THE DRESS. It's wonderful, truly. I'm excited to see the different ways you style it, too!

Unknown said...

i'm glad you finally got your dress...it's fantastic! and your boots+socks combination is great too!

dash dot dotty

Tara said...

The dress is awesome...and it looks fantastic on you :)

I'm glad the shopping fates were looking out for you on this one!

This Life, Redefined…stop by and say hi!

BluKatKraft said...

I like how you use accessories! I need to figure out how to wear scarves; I don't always like to wear jewelry!

annie said...

that dress looks great on you! isn't scoring a great deal -- on something you really, truly love and will wear -- the best?? congrats on your great buy!

Savannah Hines said...

You look so pretty, thats a great dress & I love how you added the scarf for a pop of color!
savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style