February 3, 2011

Winter, Meet the Color Green




So like most everyone else, I included a striped shirt in my 30 for 30 items.  It's so funny - I almost feel like stripes has become a neutral at this point due to its proliferate exposure in all magazines, blogs, and stores - a wardrobe essential like a little black dress.  Can you ever have too many striped shirts or black dresses? In my case at least, the answer is no :).

Anyway, I decided that I needed a bright pop of color to counteract the dreariness of winter.  I am definitely the kind of girl who thinks that if I dress the way I am hoping the weather to be, the weather will bend to my sartorial will!  And actually, kind of serendiptiously, the sun DID end up coming out for a few minutes!  Hoorah and hooray!

I also am posting these pictures a day late - my apologies to everyone who was on the edge of your seat wondering what in the world I wore on Day 2 (don't burst my bubble :)).  These are the last set of pictures before the awesome and amazing haircut I got yesterday.  So say goodbye to my Muppet hair and get ready for its debut tomorrow morning!  I am just happy to have it in a manageable state again.  It is almost as if my hair is a separate entity from myself and decides on its own whether or not I am going to have a good or bad day based upon its appearance.  Does that happen to you? Does your hair take over like some kind of alien-symbiotic entity and dictates the course of your day?  Or am I the only strange one? (Because I am not ruling that option out!)

Shirt, Sweater, Belt - J.Crew
Jeans - Gap
Shoes - Target
Scarf - Street vendor in Italia
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style