February 3, 2011

Winter, Meet the Color Green




So like most everyone else, I included a striped shirt in my 30 for 30 items.  It's so funny - I almost feel like stripes has become a neutral at this point due to its proliferate exposure in all magazines, blogs, and stores - a wardrobe essential like a little black dress.  Can you ever have too many striped shirts or black dresses? In my case at least, the answer is no :).

Anyway, I decided that I needed a bright pop of color to counteract the dreariness of winter.  I am definitely the kind of girl who thinks that if I dress the way I am hoping the weather to be, the weather will bend to my sartorial will!  And actually, kind of serendiptiously, the sun DID end up coming out for a few minutes!  Hoorah and hooray!

I also am posting these pictures a day late - my apologies to everyone who was on the edge of your seat wondering what in the world I wore on Day 2 (don't burst my bubble :)).  These are the last set of pictures before the awesome and amazing haircut I got yesterday.  So say goodbye to my Muppet hair and get ready for its debut tomorrow morning!  I am just happy to have it in a manageable state again.  It is almost as if my hair is a separate entity from myself and decides on its own whether or not I am going to have a good or bad day based upon its appearance.  Does that happen to you? Does your hair take over like some kind of alien-symbiotic entity and dictates the course of your day?  Or am I the only strange one? (Because I am not ruling that option out!)

Shirt, Sweater, Belt - J.Crew
Jeans - Gap
Shoes - Target
Scarf - Street vendor in Italia

8 comments:

C said...

I think the bronze flats are fantastic with this outfit. They really compliment the color of the scarf!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the navy and lime together. It makes me smile :)

Karrisa_T said...

Your belt is awesome! I think you're on to something with that stripe as a neutral thing... I should go get myself one-- in March. :)

. said...

Yeah I'm with Clare, bronze and lime?! INSPIRED. GENIUS. And I'm so pumped about the haircut!! :)

Lindsey Dixon said...

Love Love Love this outfit! Absolutely love it!

I got really, really lucky with my hair. I just wash it and go, and it lays nice and smooth!

Lindsey Soup

Alessandra said...

Stripes, bronze and lime...and you've only just begun! Can't wait to see more. You look adorable in this outfit.

Anonymous said...

i'm loving the bright scarf! you look great.

Alessandra said...

Stripes, bronze and lime...and you've only just begun! Can't wait to see more. You look adorable in this outfit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style