February 22, 2011

The Riveter


First up for guest posts this week - one of my new favorite style bloggers that I've recently discovered, Kerrie from Books and Looks.  This girl has great style and I ADORE how she uses color in her wardrobe - it's a real inspiration!  So without further ado, here's Kerrie!

Hello, Small Time Style readers! I’m Kerrie from Books and Looks (http://booksandlooks.blogspot.com/) and I’m taking over Lauren’s blog for the day! (Don’t fret, she’ll be back very, very soon.)


I felt very Rosie the Riveter in this outfit—must be the loose shirt (dress worn as a top) and my wrestling-size belt. Haha! I felt like Rosie on her way to the Royal Rumble. But prettier and made up. Well, not really.

Man, Rosie the Riveter had it tough. First, she wasn’t allowed to get a proper job just because she was a woman. Then, after the men had to leave for war, she was heavily courted by the government to take over those jobs the men left behind. Then, when the men came back, she had to be forced out! What’s a lady gotta do ‘round here? Too bad Aretha Franklin and the feminist movement weren’t born earlier, she could’ve yelled, “R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Find out what it means to me!” (Coincidentally, that same song was originally written for a man to sing. Had a whole different meaning when Aretha belted it.)
Anyway, good luck on your new ventures, Lauren and as my friend, Rosie the Riveter once said, “You (we) can do it!” Thanks again for letting me doodle on your space! J

Dress worn as top: Old Navy
Skirt: Thrifted
Belt: Francesca’s Collections
Tights: 2 pairs—teal and blue from DKNY & Target
Boots: Payless
Necklace: DIY by my mom

5 comments:

Christine said...

I love that belt! I've been looking for one like that for a while. Great outfit!

http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

curls-and-pearls said...

Great guest blog :)

Amber said...

cute look and great post

. said...

Love these poses Kerrie :) And yes I think you're rocking some '40s hairdo here too a little and I'm liking it!

Human Sparkler ♥ said...

You have such a great smile! I love these blue tights too!
-Katie


www.fashionsparklers.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style