February 4, 2011

Matters of the Heart







Today is Go Red for Women day, and heart health and raising awareness for it is a cause (forgive this pun) near to my heart.  A lot of my relatives have had heart-related issues.  Both of my grandfathers passed away from heart attacks - one when I was just six months old and I never had the privilege of getting to know him myself.  And my mom, who is one of the healthiest people on this planet, has always preached the necessity of being good about heart health.  So when I stumbled across this Day of Awareness at What Andie Wears blog through the randomness of the blogosphere, I decided to make sure that I participated.

Which also means that this red blazer made it into my 30 for 30 items.  I decided to really play up the red with this amazing red heart necklace and my red dotted earrings.  I could have gone all out and used my red pumps, but I decided against it and went with the animal-print wedges instead.  Also, on a whim I decided to add a flower, but instead of my pink flower pin (which would have made this into a complete Valentine's Day homage), I went instead with my beige flower pin.

I hope everyone has had a great Friday!! I am super happy that it is the weekend because I desperately need some rest and I am glad that the Super Bowl will finally take place.  As a big sports fan, but even bigger baseball fan, I am kind of over with football season, and ready for some spring training to begin.  Thank goodness some March Madness will be coming up soon as well! There is nothing I like to watch more than games that mean something (and especially when an office pool is at stake!).

Will you be watching the Super Bowl? Who will you be rooting for?  Did you wear red today? If so, let me know and leave a link to your blog, because I want to see!

Jeans, Blazer - Gap
Shirt, flower pin - J.Crew
Wedges - Franco Sarto via TJMaxx
Belt - ?? It's a long-lost mystery
Earrings - Turkoyz
Fabulous Heart Necklace - Botanical Bird

21 comments:

Andie said...

love it! thanks for participating!!!

and the heart necklace is just perfect. ;)

Elisabeth said...

Red+leopard is such a fab combo. I wish I had known about Go Red for Women. I would have worn the red top I included in my 30x30. Next time!

Karrisa_T said...

The rich color of your jacket is nice against that rose pin! And I agree with the addition of the leopard, cool touch.

I wore red today, too!

Sarah said...

I love this red jacket of yours. It is such a fabulous color for a great cause!

As far as the Superbowl goes, I can't say that I am cheering for anyone at this point.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Brittney said...

good call with the animal print wedges--they are fantastic! and i think they totally maximize the chic factor here. this look is totally flattering, you look great.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer!)

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

As always, you look adorable. I love the red jacket! You were by far the most stylish woman ever to walk into Jump n' Jimmy's yesterday! :)

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I love how the red necklace and pin on your blazer take this from being an outfit with basics to a stunning look. Accessories rule.

. said...

Lauren!! Sometimes I look at your pictures and think, Well, she can't possibly look any better than this, but somehow you keep topping yourself. This is AMAZING. You look perfect, honestly. Please dress me everyday.

Linley said...

love this look, lauren!! it's so simple-chic - which is what i am all about!!!

Tabitha said...

I love your leopard flats. I've never been one to pull the leopard print off, but the print on shoes is the way to go.

www.fashiontherapist.blogspot.com

Karrisa_T said...

Oh, hey, I'm sure you've been awarded lots but I'm passing on the Stylish Blogger award to you! Hop on over to my page to grab the button! :)

rlutz said...

Love the red blazer...such a great pop of color for such a great cause. Love the new haircut!

Shy said...

I LOVE the leopard print shoes wit the red!! Such an awesome combo!

Shy

Stylepint said...

What a great red outfit and the leopard shoes go perfectly with it! You look so chic! =)

Lindsey Dixon said...

What a beautiful outfit! I usually stay away from red but this has me rethinking it!

Lindsey Soup

Reston Style said...

those shoes!!! I love them!! (any chance you wear a 9 1/2?) ;)

- Liz
http://restonstyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

yay, red looks totally awesome on you!
Shame I am still catching up on reading all the blogs and I didn't see this post last weak, I could have worn red too. Love your flower pin! My BFF has been making beautiful brooches every night this week :D Can't wait to show them to the world :D

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I love how the red necklace and pin on your blazer take this from being an outfit with basics to a stunning look. Accessories rule.

Elisabeth said...

Red+leopard is such a fab combo. I wish I had known about Go Red for Women. I would have worn the red top I included in my 30x30. Next time!

Stylepint said...

What a great red outfit and the leopard shoes go perfectly with it! You look so chic! =)

Destrehan's Daughter said...

I love how the red necklace and pin on your blazer take this from being an outfit with basics to a stunning look. Accessories rule.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style