February 8, 2011

Blazin' It Up





Well - First of all, today bloggers across the blog-o-sphere donned their blazers to blaze a trail of awesomeness across the interwebs.  You should click on the link below (by clicking the image) to see the unique stylings of some awesome ladies and how they rocked their blazer today.



A blazer is one of my favorite wardrobe items.  I think it often adds an extra touch to an outfit, providing that one layering piece that can take an outfit from good to great!  I've really gotten into belting my blazers, because nothing adds more to an outfit than a great belt!  Belts and Blazers - I think that should be a book title!



In COMPLETELY different news and ramblings, some major, major happenings have been going on in my life the past week.  My small world that I have lived in for over six years is going to change - for the better, and I am super, super excited.  I got offered and accepted a new position over the weekend at a firm in my little town!! (which I randomly found out that the lovely Megan Nielsen actually lives in - SUPER small world!!)  But anyway - NEW JOB!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  I can't quite comprehend it - I have been with my company for a long, long time through the best of boom times to the worst recession in our economy since the Great Depression, in the industry that arguably got hit the hardest and has actually been in a depression while everyone else has been in a recession.  I have had so much opportunity and done a lot with the company, but it is time to take a leap of faith, a risk, and a step out of my comfort zone.  A CHANGE!  For this small town girl, it is a big, big deal.

BUT because of this new development, I have really been wrestling as to whether or not to try to continue on in this 30 for 30 challenge.  I honestly still haven't narrowed down my items yet - STILL.  But, to be fair to myself, I've been a little bit distracted with other life developments.  I really don't want to quit, which is evidenced by the fact that I am still trying to work within the items that I did actually select.  I hate quitting or giving up things.  But because of the impending changes, I don't know if it is the right time to be limiting my closet.

SO - I am going to continue with this challenge until I leave my current job - but I just wanted to throw it out there that I am only going to be halfheartedly in this.  Hopefully when spring or summer rolls around, I'll be in a better position to jump in again.  So please don't hate me!  All 3 of you who actually read up to this point! :)

Blazer/Jacket, T-shirt, Dotted Blouse, Belt - J.Crew lovefest
Jeans - Michael Kors via TJMaxx
Boots - DSW
Sunnies - Old Navy
Earrings, Necklace - Jess LC

18 comments:

Hayley said...

Love this look. super cute! I am loving polka dots more than ever lately.

Nicole Galvydis said...

I read until the very end. Just so you know! :)

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite blazer pics!! You look great! CONGRATS on the job, and don't you feel bad about the challenge (not that I'm in it and am qualified to give advice, just my opinion :)).

Linda said...

You will have to meet up with Megan! What fun! And congrats on you new job! I can see how that might be too much excited to worry about the 30x30.
Thanks for joining EBEW today. I like the belted blazer, too...but maybe that's cause I did it too.
The Auspicious Life

. said...

Congrats, Lauren!! Good news (and J Crew) looks fantastic on you. :) I totally don't blame you for considering putting your new job before the blog challenge!

Unknown said...

@Haley, Hope, and Linda - Thanks!!

@Nicole - You are the best :)

@Rebecca - Thanks so much!! I'm super-excited!!

@Monkeyface - I hope someday I will get your monkeyfaced awesomeness in person - you kill me!! :)

Karrisa_T said...

Congratulations! You sound so happy and excited I can feel it from your post!
I love the first picture especially, it looks rockin'!

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

A new job?! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to hear all the details!!

Mandy said...

Congrats on the new job! New beginnings are always so exciting although a little scary.. Definitely love the outfit especially the equestrian feel!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

congrats on the job and totally love the polka dot blouse

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

congrats on the job and totally love the polka dot blouse

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Annie said...

congrats on the new job! hooray for new adventures!

(and this is one of my favorite outfits of yours EVER. love it!)

Reston Style said...

I love your blazer style! Yes, I am in Reston, VA not too far from you! Can't wait to see what you're wearing next!

Liz

http://restonstyle.blogspot.com

Allison said...

congrats on the new job!!! so exciting! I also enjoy you jcrew lovefest going on, everything goes so nicely together!

Linley said...

love this look, lauren!! the boots, polka-dots, and light-colored blazer are all perfect together! you look great!

Christina said...

Good luck dear. That is sooo exciting! We forgive you! Love the polka dot top!

Anonymous said...

wow, exciting news! Congratulations on your new job! Maybe with everyone around getting a new jobs I will build a courage to find a new one myself. :)) Congratulations one more time! I wish you lots of great time!
Love the polka dots and the whole outfit :)

daisymay aka Chantele said...

congrats on the job and totally love the polka dot blouse

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style