February 15, 2011

{Insert Title Here}






You know those days in which you really just like your outfit? Am I the only one who has days in which my mood is instantly uplifted because I like what I've created out of my closet?  This is one of those outfits/days.  It also probably helps that it is in the mid-40s today with lots of bright, heavenly sunshine and that it is just past 6pm and it is still kind of light out!!  It's like the best day ever! :)

Though I stopped prematurely on my 30 for 30 winter remix journey, I used its inspiration in putting this outfit together this morning.  For some reason these pieces sprang into my head and thankfully when I put them together, it worked.  I had thought of belting the shirt and jacket, but the shirt was so long that I decided it would be better proportion-wise to try tying it instead.  And once I did that (and liked it), it wouldn't have looked right to add a belt over the blazer, so for once in my recent style life I DID NOT use a belt!!  Sooo crazy, I know! :)  A wide brown belt probably would have also given some nice waist definition, but sometimes it's good to stretch yourself and try something new.

Now, I just need to keep repeating that mantra over and over as I get ready to start the new job - sometimes it is good to stretch yourself and try something new!

Shirt, Blazer - J.Crew
Dress - Banana Republic
Necklace, Sunnies - Old Navy
Tights, Shoes - TJMaxx

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely. The way that you tied that top is really interesting. i like it!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

I know exactly what you mean! Sometimes wearing an outfit I love gets me through a rough day. Sounds weird, but it's so true for me. You rocked this look of course!

Rebecca said...

The tied top looks really cute.

C said...

I LOOOOVE those booties, and the knotted shirt is fantastic!

Linz said...

You should feel happy in this outfit b/c it is SUPER CUTE!!!

I love it when I create a new outfit that makes me happy!

Oh and I don't think it needs a belt - it looks great the way it is! Sometimes I think I go overboard with always trying to fit in a belt with my outfit.

Annie said...

This is a really great look for you! I'm dying to get a black blazer... you lovely bloggers make them look so good!

Christina said...

gorgeous! I love plaid button downs and statement necklaces!

. said...

I love that you tied your top instead of opting for a belt! Genius!! And your poses are extra cute here :)

Savannah said...

You have such a cool personal style! I'm so glad I found your blog. I loooooove loooove LOVE those shoes! and that blazer my dear!

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

Linda said...

That's the best feeling - when you love the way you look, you have a bit more skip in your step.
Love that knotted top!

The Auspicious Life

Savannah said...

You have such a cool personal style! I'm so glad I found your blog. I loooooove loooove LOVE those shoes! and that blazer my dear!

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style