January 19, 2011

Back to the Land of the Living





This post was meant for Monday - MLK day - but the fates were not to have it.  I all of the sudden came down with a 24hr stomach bug that I would wish upon no one - not even my worst enemies, and it forced me to leave work early.  It was not fun at all.  But it did keep me home from work for a day, which was nice.  I often don't take sick days - like, ever - but I didn't want to chance it AND I decided to have mercy on my coworkers and not take the chance of the disease spreading.  Ugh.  But thankfully I am back in the land of the living - although, I woke up this morning with the worst pounding headache I've ever had.  Thank goodness for ibuprofen!

I love this dress - I found it at Ross on super sale - $10! Which was a genius find because there was another dress in the same size for $20 - it all depends on which rack you find it I guess.  I checked all the seams and everything carefully, could not find a thing wrong with it, and then did a happy dance in the dressing room at my good luck :).

My friend asked me to channel MLK in my outfit in honor of MLK day.  I didn't quite know how to do that, so decided to just try this dress and see how it went :).  It has a little bit of a mod vibe to it, yet is still very ladylike in its silhouette.  Also, it is black and white, working together in harmony for a perfect dress.  I'm pretty sure that is not the dream that MLK had in mind when he fought for civil rights, but who's to say that it shouldn't extend to fashion? (*kidding*)

Happy post MLK day and Wednesday!

Dress - Ross
Shoes - Wet Seal
Parrot Necklace - Forever21
Tights - Target?
Sweater - TJMaxx

17 comments:

C said...

That first pictures is fanTAStic! I love it.

Sarah said...

I do love this dress. It looks fantastic on you. I love the red shoes as well. I am sorry that you were so sick. I hate stomach bugs, they are the worst. Feel much better!
Sarah

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

The red shoes look great, and that is a very flattering dress.

Christina said...

Such a great dress. I love the button detail on the shoulder. And your inclination to pair it with red heels. Just signed up for the 30 for 30 challenge. Eek!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, you're so pretty! The first picture is beautiful! That is a perfect dress and it looks veeery good with red heels!

blogging??? who came up with this said...

I saw the first pict and thought-oh, I hope this is for MLK!!:) Glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Kimberly said...

Saucy!! Love the pop of color with the red heels!

Kristen said...

Love the details in this look - the red shoes & the buttons on the sleeves. So cute!

. said...

I hope you're drinking your water! What a completely unfun experience but glad you're back in the game.

Well if they could look to the cookie in Seinfeld, I don't see why we can't look to your outfit for harmonious inspiration, too. Love it! :)

Hannah said...

cute dress, love the colour pop from the shoes as well =)

Hannah xx

Linley said...

this dress is great! don't you just love great finds at stores like Ross and TJ Maxx? It's my favorite! You look great!

Karrisa_T said...

Your shoes are super cool! Is it suede?

Destrehan's Daughter said...

This dress feels so young in a fresh and bright way, not a you ever look old way, because you don't know. It's just so hip and mod and I am running out of adjectives. But I love it and you look great, especially with the pink shoes.

Unknown said...

@Everyone - THANK YOU - you guys are the best!

@hurricanekerrie - yes, they are a suede finish, although since they are from Wet Seal, uber-cheap, I bet it's some kind of faux-suede :)

Kristen said...

Love the details in this look - the red shoes & the buttons on the sleeves. So cute!

Hannah said...

cute dress, love the colour pop from the shoes as well =)

Hannah xx

Between Laundry Days said...

That first pictures is fanTAStic! I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style