January 20, 2011

A Dotted Dream







I am kind of excited about this outfit because it sort of actually came out the way that I was hoping it would (can you see how I am containing my excitement by couching it in between a bunch of qualifying words to downplay it? :)).  I was really unsure of it until I took pictures this morning, which was a good thing because I didn't really leave myself with enough time to have an outfit freak-out, otherwise known as tear-the-closet-apart-trying-to-find-something-to-wear-and-then-hating-it-the-rest-of-the-day-and-having-a-bad-mood-and-day-because-you-didn't-plan-your-outfit-ahead-of-time.  This, thank the Good Lord above, actually worked. The two polka dot pieces didn't clash as much as I was expecting and by bringing solid pieces into the mix with the belt, shoes, and cardigan, the crazy patterns are ok.  It's a very "ladylike" outfit (see Christina's blog :)).

It's kind of a closet miracle that I still have these shoes.  I probably should have gotten rid of them a long time ago because I hardly ever wear them, but something about the color and the chunky heel kept them in my closet.  I guess they knew that their time to shine would come some day, so they convinced me with their teal-ness to stay in my closet.

Snow is in the forecast tomorrow - ugh.  Here's to hoping it'll just be a dusting and not an icing like we got earlier this week!

And because I love to laugh, I leave you all with this outtake photo from today :)

There was a little bit of wind blowing this morning :).

Tie-Neck Blouse, Skirt - Banana Republic
Cardi - J.Crew
Shoes - Old Navy
Tights - Target
Necklace - Jess LC
Earrings - Gift from lovely sister
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style