January 13, 2011

Baby, It's (Bitterly) Cold Outside







I promise no more posts about two-tone boots.  I've given up my quest.  I will just wait until next season rolls around.  So instead of pining away after a pair of boots, I am channeling them for inspiration instead!

I really like this outfit - I like how it came together.  And I liked it so much that I made a real effort to get some good pictures of it, especially since I had forgotten that I left my camera charging at my office so didn't have it take pics in the morning.  Confess - do you do this as well? You wear an outfit that you really like and therefore ensure that at some point during the day you get a picture of it?  Do normal people do that? Or just style bloggers? :)

I also feel like I am channeling a combination of Mandy and Tania with this outfit.  Mandy with her effortless mixing of black and brown combos and Tania with her winter-layering magic capabilities (you can barely see my striped knee-high socks over my tights).

And I've also broken one of my own style rules with this outfit combo of flat boots with a dress that goes just a little bit below the knees. I almost ALWAYS wear this dress with heels, but heels just aren't in the cards with all the ice that is around here in VA.  The next few days will see a return to 40-degree normal winter weather (hallelujah), so I'll be able to wear my normal shoes again, yay!

Sending warm thoughts your way!

Dress - Banana Republic
Striped Shirt, Socks, Tights - TJMaxx
Scarf, Earrings - Gift
Belt - Urban Outfitters
Boots - Steve Madden via Piperlime
Coat - Target

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

I really like your red coat!

Christina said...

I love this look. I definitely could see myself wearing something very similar. I have been loving black and brown lately as well as flat boots with dresses. That's actually what I have been picturing my new boots with.

. said...

Ok even though I am slightly freezing now just LOOKING at these photos, I love them b/c you red cheeks are so cute!

And I think your broken rule worked great here! This silhouette is very flattering!

Kristen said...

Bonus points to you for braving the cold!

I love how you mixed the black & brown & red here. Really unexpected but very cute.

Anonymous said...

as we say here in Britain - brilliant! Probably one of my favourite outfits :)

Annie said...

speaking as someone who finds it very difficult to dress for cold weather, i think you did a fabulous job with this outfit! you look so put-together (which is more than i can say for myself, sitting here content in boots, jeans, and a sweater). really great outfit!

kenda said...

i really like this dress/top/scarf combo. they look great together.

C said...

What a fabulous outfit! The red coat is unexpected, and just fantastic! And I actually really love the combination of flat boots with the length of that dress.

rlutz said...

Love the stripes under the dress and the combo of the black and brown!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style