December 14, 2010

What Do You Think?






So I need some help from all of you more than lovely people who for some reason follow this little blog - Should this sweater be kept or sent back?  I am undecided.  I kind of like it, but it's not quite exactly what I thought it was going to be.  Does it make me look 5 times bigger than I am or does it convey this comfy chic vibe I was going for?  Please let me know, as this piece's spot in my closet depends on your opinion (sort of) :).

As for working with this outfit, I like it.  I LOVE the dress - it is a J.Crew dress that I wore to a holiday party last year.  It has this amazing ruffled collar with a flower detail, which the pictures don't really pick up on.  But it is a cute, great, versatile dress, and one of the few that I have that is also long-sleeved.  And these plaid-tights are about as crazy as I get in the tights department right now - I just am not to the point yet of trying to rock colored tights like so many of you girls have rocked lately.  Maybe some day, but this is as crazy as it gets. 

Oh, and while you are voicing your opinion on whether or not I should keep this sweater, please also let me know if you have downloaded Diddy-Dirty Money's "Last Train to Paris" album and if it is dope or nope...I've been listening to preview samples of the songs all day and I can't decide!!

Dress - J.Crew
Sweater - *will let you know upon whether or not it is kept :)
Heels - Tahari via DSW
Tights - Target
Necklace - Jess LC
Bracelets - Tuesday Morning

10 comments:

Mandy said...

I actually really like the sweater, and it could be pretty versatile. I keep seeing other bloggers belting cardigans like that to give it more shape and look more put together. I vote to keep it!

Christina said...

I like it. I think I would have liked it better with a belt with this outfit. That dress is so pretty.

Elaine said...

I think this is a super classy look on you!!! It DOES look cozy too. Love the cream and black together!

www.clothedmuch.com

L said...

I say send it back, and find something more fitted :)

kenda said...

i say keep it. i'm a fan of the cozy look & these colors look great together. if you're trying to get a slimmer look i'd suggest pairing the sweater with a more fitted dress.

. said...

I think I LIKE. I have a sort of similar sweater that I was kinda iffy about at first (twas my mom's) but that I really really love now and get about a bajillion compliments on b/c it IS cozy and unique. Here are pics if that helps:

http://hellomonkeyface.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-november.html

And I think your champagne + black colors here are wonderfully chic!

Anonymous said...

keep it! You could always belt it for more fitted look, because you're a pro and you can do it. Hey, at least give it some time.

Colleen said...

I wouldn't know how to style it but you did a good job here.

I have those tights. http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/2010/11/30-for-30-outfit-2-11910.html and I styled them with a black dress.

Miss L said...

I say send it back, and find something more fitted :)

Colleen said...

I wouldn't know how to style it but you did a good job here.

I have those tights. http://scrapandrun.blogspot.com/2010/11/30-for-30-outfit-2-11910.html and I styled them with a black dress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style