December 14, 2010

Confessions of a Style Blogger





You guys I have a confession to make.  I wore this exact same outfit yesterday as well as today. Two. Days. In. A. Row.  The exact same outfit - with the addition of a scarf.  That may be gross to some of you, to which I apologize.  But I aim to be an honest and authentic person (and blogger), so thus I share this detail with all of you.

I honestly couldn't settle upon an outfit that I wanted to wear this morning in my head, so I just opted to wear something that I thought semi-worked.  These pants are uber-comfortable and maybe a size too big for me (at least according to my mother).  I tried to combat their roominess on the bottom by creating a waistline and slimmer proportions on top, but I don't know if I succeeded.  The addition of heels most likely would also help with lengthening the overall silhouette, but I wanted to wear some flats today.  Sometimes my personal wants trump my style spidey sense.

I hope it is warmer where you are - it is officially FREEZING in Virginia.  The howling chill winds make me feel like I am out on the moors in Wuthering Heights!

Pants, Cardigan, T-Shirt - J.Crew
Scarf, Socks - Target
Flats - Sister

9 comments:

Kristen said...

This outfit is so cute - I don't blame you for wearing it two days in a row.

PS - I have been known to do that too, if it makes you feel any better. :)

Unknown said...

@Kristen - I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

Lindsey Dixon said...

I love your socks! They're the perfect little pop of personality.

I wear the same outfit too, sometimes-or at least I'll wear the same top a couple of days in a row. Sometimes they're just too comfy to resist!


Lindsey Soup

C said...

I love the gathering on the cardigan! So cute.

Oh, and I have a feeling that Virgina's freezing has nothing on Chicago's. We're dyin' out here! :)

Unknown said...

@Lindsey - Thanks, I love those socks too :) I mean, what's better than some leopard print socks? :)

@BLD - You have no idea how glad I am not in the Midwest right now - I feel so bad for you guys!! I couldn't handle it :) My hat's off to you :)

. said...

I was wondering if those socks were leopard print! I want some :)

And I totally feel you on the comfort over cuteness factor sometimes. Although when I do that, it never looks as stylish or as well put-together as this!!

Elisabeth said...

I'm all for double dipping!

Anonymous said...

You know what, I could wear it three days in a row, because it's just very very pretty!

Lauren said...

@Lindsey - Thanks, I love those socks too :) I mean, what's better than some leopard print socks? :)

@BLD - You have no idea how glad I am not in the Midwest right now - I feel so bad for you guys!! I couldn't handle it :) My hat's off to you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style