December 10, 2010

Hello Closet, Nice to See You Again!






So, confession time.  This is not the first outfit I wore after my challenge ended. But I ran out of time to shoot that outfit and even didn't think I liked it enough to take pictures.  But then I found myself thinking it actually was kind of quite cute in the middle of the day.  That happens to me a lot - I either find myself liking my outfit more and more as the day goes on - or hating it more and more.  Either or :).

This particular outfit kind of tended towards the "eh" end of my shifting scale.  There seems to be something a bit off but I can't nail down what exactly.  Maybe it's the belt or the fact that the shirt is tucked in.  Maybe it just tells me that I need to spend more than 5 minutes throwing things together when I don't plan my outfits out ahead of time.

What's funny is that I ended up using 2 items from my challenge in this outfit! But can I tell you how happy I was that I got to use some other items in my closet? Not to mention shoes!?  That is the best thing about the freedom of having my closet accessible to me again - my lovely shoes.  I use shoes the same way I use accessories - they are a key ingredient in the way that I try to add some "oomph" to my outfits.

Happy Friday to everyone!! Yay weekend!

Jacket, Cardigan, Necklace - J.Crew
Skirt, Shirt, Belt, Sunnies - Target
Shoes - Nine West via Marshalls
Tights - Ross

17 comments:

Anne said...

Love the layering, and great skirt!

Joy said...

I LOVE LOVE that zebra skirt and those shoes! It would look good with purple or red, too.

Unknown said...

I'm in love with this outfit! I love the different layers on top, and of course animal print is always perfect!

Unknown said...

@Anne, Joy, and Natasha - Thank you so much!! I really liked the layering too - although, it did get a bit bulky under there :)

Lindsey Dixon said...

That layering is genius! And I'm the same way with shoes-they're like the icing on the cake!

Lindsey Soup

Meagan said...

I love the skirt!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

. said...

Personally I think that belt could make ANY outfit. And I REALLY love your tights/shoes today!! Can't wait to get all my footwear back, too :)

C said...

Ah! This outfit is great! I love the skirt!!

Elaine said...

I love the layering of the blazer and cardi! And you make a zebra print look so chic.

www.clothedmuch.com

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

What a fun outfit! I am sooo looking forward to reuniting with my closet in a few days! I think I'm going to have a hey-day with the shoes!!!

Linda said...

It is nice to see that the skirt is still going to get lots of wear after the challenge. Looking good!

The Auspicious Life

Unknown said...

@Lindsey, Monkeyface, and Ashley - having my shoes back is so awesome :) :) That was TOTALLY the hardest part for me - next time I'm adding another pair and taking away a shirt or two!

@Meagan, Linda, Between Laundry Days, Elaine - Many thanks!! I really love the skirt too, although one of my coworkers thinks its crazy :) But I embrace crazy things :)

Elisabeth said...

amazing layers.

rlutz said...

love all the layers and patterns...that skirt is amazing!

mro said...

Love that sassy zebra print skirt! I totally know what you mean about liking an outfit....and then not....and then liking it again, heh heh. That's part of why I love blogging so much....sometimes I'll be lukewarm on an outfit until I see the photos....and thennnnnn I love it! Weird, right?

Anonymous said...

love your tights! and jacket + pink cardigan under the belt.

Ashley said...

What a fun outfit! I am sooo looking forward to reuniting with my closet in a few days! I think I'm going to have a hey-day with the shoes!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style