November 22, 2010

Whoooaaaaoooo, We're Halfway There...




Like Derek Zoolander, it appears that I can't turn left....

Ahhh, there it is! Magnum! 


Wooooaaahhhhooooo, Livin' on a Prayer...yes, my friends, we are halfway there, holdin' on to what we got, not makin' a difference if we make it or not.  Because we have each other, and that's a lot.  Outfit #15 out of 30!! Woohoo!!

It's Monday again (dang-it) which means, yes, sadly the end of the weekend, but happily Young Life club. And as per the other Mondays thus far in this challenge, that means skinny jeans night!  Because I have to work my wardrobe hard - work appropriate by day, ready for whatever at night - especially as we are bowling raw turkeys tonight.  Wait, what's that you say? You've never bowled a raw turkey before?? Then you have NO idea as to what you are missing in life.  Please, for all that is good and holy, get thee to a YL club (or YouTube) to see what you are missing out on.  It's priceless. To say the least.

Oh, and as for the outfit today - there is actually a piece of turquoise "paint" on my paint-splattered tee that I'm wearing over my white button-down that "matches", or rather "goes", with the turquoise belt and earrings - you just can't see it because of the blazer. But trust me, it exists (do you trust me?).

Yay for 3-day work weeks - only 2 more days to go!  Happy Monday-is-over-day!

Skinny Jeans - Gap
Black Boyfriend Blazer (which according to recent fashion mags is so totally out...oh well) - Target
Paint-Splattered Tee - J.Crew (b/c what other retailer would I willingly buy paint-splattered clothes and think they are sooooo cool?)
White Button-Down Shirt - Land's End Canvas
Grey Ombre Heels (ombre too is apparently out - I'm a walking fashion disaster!) - TJMaxx
Turquoise Belt, Bronze Necklace #1 - Target
Clock Watch Necklace - Urban Outfitters
Turquoise Dangly Earrings - Gift

8 comments:

Linley said...

love this! a nice blazer with jeans is always a great look!

Rebecca said...

The belt under the blazer is a fun idea.

Mandy said...

You are nailing the 30 for 30! Love the layering in this look. Keep it up :0)

Jodi said...

Hi ya.. great outfits! and your blog post title.. isnt that in a Bon Jovi song? I think someone else said that on their halfway there challenge post.. lol.. no, I am not a bon jovi fan just for the record, although he did have pretty hot hair during that era!!

am a fellow mixed and just dropped by to say hi and check out your outfits... see if I can conjure up some new ideas from other people!! am a new follower too so will be lookin to you for ideas (no pressure of course :)

happy mixing!! cheers, Jodi

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Love your outfit! I actually have that same blazer from Target and you look FABULOUS in it! I have been wearing mine all fall as well. I don't care if they're "out" right now either. Lol!

Unknown said...

@Jodi - Thanks for stopping by and following! Yes, that title is from a Bon Jovi lyric - one of my fav songs ever, "Livin' On a Prayer". Which pretty much sums up my feelings about this challenge too!

@Linley, Mandy, Rebecca - Thanks so much guys!!

@Jennifer Fabulous - Thank you! Don't you love that blazer? I think it goes so well with so many things - whether or not it's "in style"!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Love your outfit! I actually have that same blazer from Target and you look FABULOUS in it! I have been wearing mine all fall as well. I don't care if they're "out" right now either. Lol!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Love your outfit! I actually have that same blazer from Target and you look FABULOUS in it! I have been wearing mine all fall as well. I don't care if they're "out" right now either. Lol!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style