November 23, 2010

In Which I Wish for Another Pair of Shoes...

Nope.  
Dope.



This was another outfit that started off in a different direction in my head and I ended up changing it because I just didn't feel like pushing my style boundaries today.  Every so often it is good to push yourself out of your comfort zone, but when it involves some serious argyle socks, you sometimes need to think twice.  Of course randomly pairing your outfit with some silver-patterned flats that don't exactly match, but they are the only pair of flats that you have in your 30 for 30 challenge, outside of your boots, and you don't want to wear your gray heels again, so you're kind of stuck with no other options but to wear these flats, also warrants some second thoughts but as this run-on shows sometimes you don't have any other options.

And I actually mid-day switched the styling of the scarf because it was freezing in my office - which was not the case when I walked out of the door of my house. In fact it was freakishly warm this morning. But that changed midway through the day! Not fair I tell you - not fair.

One Day More - then it's time for a break, yeehaw! (Work break that is, not blogging break in case you were worried :))

Happy Tuesday!

Dress, Long-sleeve t-shirt - J.Crew
Purple Scarf - Old Navy
Belt, Sunnies - Target
Silver-Patterned Shoes - Charles Albert via. Endless.com
Awesome Earrings - gift from sister via Australia
Brown Pumps - Banana Republic
Argyle Socks - Gap

6 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad you went with the flats. They really work with that outfit.

The Auspicious Life

Linley said...

this is so pretty! love the combo of cream, lavender, cognac, and grey! and, of course, i love the scarf into the belt!

and i totally understand the feeling of not wanting to push fashion boundaries every day! (:

Rebecca said...

I'm impressed with how you've remixed that white dress.

Mandy said...

I really like how the flats look, and I think they go with the outfit pretty well! Definitely looking forward to the loooongg weekend and holiday.

. said...

You are totally the source of my scarf/belt inspiration :) Dope. YES. :D

Anonymous said...

The Dress! :D I love that dress. I want same one myself now :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style