November 21, 2010

*Poof* There Goes the Weekend



Just an easy weekend look - a bright pop of green against a navy-blue striped shirt with some bootcut jeans.  I wasn't trying to go for anything special with this outfit - just something to run a bunch of Saturday errands.  Which included changing a headlight bulb in my car, which if you have a VW Jetta, be prepared to forever be changing this or that light that decides to just randomly burn out.  I was very proud of myself that I didn't need to ask my dad or any other guy to change the light for me - I figured it out all on my own! Which is never the case when it comes to cars - I hate that helpless feeling I always have whenever something goes wrong with my car...




This was my second weekend look.  I put a little bit more effort and thought into this one.  Still a basic shirt and jeans, but I tucked the shirt in, used a belt, a scarf, a necklace, and cardigan to finish off the look.  It has a great fall vibe that I thought was fitting for the day.  It was really comfy and yet still had a touch of pizzazz :).

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - mine was great but toootttaalllyyyy not long enough - why do weekends have to be so short???? I need Thanksgiving break (2 whole days off, holy cow!! Such are the joys of working in a small biz - you only get 6 days off a year - 2 of them in a row at Tgiving!).  I can't wait for Thanksgiving though - what a fabulous holiday and what a great excuse to enjoy stuffing yourself beyond the limits of your stomach!  But I won't lie - I can't wait to put up my Christmas tree and listen to 24-7 Christmas music :).  Although it feels like it was just Christmas - how a whole year has flown by, I just don't get.

ANYWAY - I'm rambling...happy night before Monday!

Jeans - Calvin Klein
Flats - Charles Albert via Endless.com
Navy Striped T-shirt - J.Crew
Green Scarf - some stand in Italy
Grey Cardigan - TJMaxx
Blue Plaid Shirt - J.Crew
Scarf - gift from sister via Australia
Necklace - Target

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually own the very same green scarf! :D and I really like your gray cardigan :) and about cars.. Well I don't even have a drivers license because cars are absolute misery for me :D I can only understand that this car is green and another one is red and so on, but VW or Audi.. misery, as I said. :D

20 YORK STREET said...

Stripes always looks good and I wonder why I don't have more than two in my closet!
You look so darling in all these photos. My weekend gear is Ugg boots and yoga pants!

besos,

ML
Come say Bonjour at:

20 YORK STREET

Anne said...

both really great weekend outfits - people of the world should take note. it's possible to look really cute AND be casual/comfortable, which i think you show very well.

C said...

I love the stripes with the pop of lime green!

Oh, and I'm not sure if you know, but all of your posts are hidden in RSS feeds. Only the title is visible, without clicking through. Just thought I'd let you know, in case it wasn't intentional. :)

stylegenerator said...

I actually own the very same green scarf! :D and I really like your gray cardigan :) and about cars.. Well I don't even have a drivers license because cars are absolute misery for me :D I can only understand that this car is green and another one is red and so on, but VW or Audi.. misery, as I said. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style