November 16, 2010

A Monochromatic Experiment





*Blogger's Note - Please excuse the poor quality of indoor photographs for today's post. Today's forecast was a whole bunch of doom and gloom and lots and lots of rain, which prevented any great pictures of outfit being taken*

I decided to do a little experimenting with a monochromatic gray color scheme.  The sweater, cords, and heels are all different shades of gray, but I decided to try them all together in one big mash-up for today's outfit.  I went with one simple, gray-ish silvery necklace and earrings, along with a gray flower headband for my accessories to stay within the feel of the color.  I kind of like it for an experiment...

I have also found that I am now uber-hyper-sensitive about sitting on my couch, my former place of relaxation, turned feeding ground for some blood-thirsty fleas.  I have become like a hypochondriac, constantly feeling like something is biting on me, or thinking that bite wasn't there a minute ago - or was it? - or freaking out because ohmygosh that little black thing IS...just a piece of fuzz, whew.....so annoying.

In other news, my high school class is actually having our 10-yr class reunion (at a local bar that remains the only smoking establishment in Virginia - how classy and appropriate...actually, a field party with a bonfire and cow tipping would have been more appropriate, but whatev...).  And I sooooo don't know what to wear.  I was trying to look back through some old outfits that I've posted up here today for some inspiration, but I'm coming up short, as I feel like my style has changed so much since when I first started posting. 

So tell me, what would you wear to your 10 year high school reunion in the local dive bar?  Please, send me your suggestions!!

Cords, Sweater, Headband - J.Crew
Heels - Tahari via TJMaxx
Necklace - Old Navy?

13 comments:

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Ooh! I love the monochromatic look! I've never been gutsy enough to try it, but I think I will now!

Anonymous said...

Ohmygracious. When is the big event?

Unknown said...

@bek - It's next Saturday, the 27th!! Eek and lolololol...

Unknown said...

@Ashley - Thank you! You totally should try it!

LTS said...

haha, can we get suggestions for two dive-bar-high-school-reunion- appropriate outfits?! i would actually prefer the bonfire followed by a morning brunch at frost diner! i'm still trying to convince m that he wants to spend part of our thanksgiving break at this reunion...

Mandy said...

Ahahah my 10 year reunion is next week too (omg we must be the same age :) also held at a dive bar that they want us to pay $45 to attend. Obviously I won't be going, but I keep in touch with a lot of people from high school, so I won't be missing anything.

Rebecca said...

I'd wear skinny jeans and a cute sweater.

. said...

Ooo, I just LOVE to go monochrome every once in awhile! Love all the silver accents. And you are a style SUPERSTAR who totally does not need our advice on picking a reunion outfit. Take a deep breath and I KNOW you will pick a winner!! :D

Christina said...

Whenever I try monochramatic I go with gray for some reason as well. Seems like I have a lot of it. I love those shoes. If I were you I would go with a denim pencil skirt, turtlneck, and pearls. Its classy and dressy but the jean skirt still makes it dive bar appropriate. Throw in some cute heels and you have a look!

Elaine said...

I have a hard time doing monochromatic looks for some reason... You totally pull it off though!

www.clothedmuch.com

Ashley said...

Ooh! I love the monochromatic look! I've never been gutsy enough to try it, but I think I will now!

Ashley said...

Ooh! I love the monochromatic look! I've never been gutsy enough to try it, but I think I will now!

Elaine said...

I have a hard time doing monochromatic looks for some reason... You totally pull it off though!

www.clothedmuch.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style