November 17, 2010

Lumberjack Chic







So, if a lumberjack decided that they wanted to dress up, this is how I imagine they would do it - I feel like all I am missing is an axe or chainsaw at this point.  Besides, if J.Crew can make up names that make me want to buy their clothes (as in, "I totally want to look utilitarian chic!! I don't even really know what that means!"), I am going to take a page out of their marketing book and put random descriptive words in front of the word "chic".

Honestly, this outfit came together more organically than planned out.  I was kind of panicking this morning because I was (as usual) running late, but hadn't nailed down in my head exactly what I was going to wear - I was kind of in between two different outfits and hadn't even really put this all together in my head, but I decided to just throw it on and try it to see if I liked it. Well, I ended up liking it enough to be like "Looks ok, whew!", snapped a few pics, and then was out the door.  But I really need to get back to planning out my outfits if I'm going to make it through this challenge!

Thank you also for the suggestions thus far on what to wear for the high school reunion - please keep them coming!!  I need the help of my uber-stylish community!!

Dress, Shirt - J.Crew
Tights - Target
Boots - DSW
Necklace - American Eagle
Sunnies, Hat - Old Navy
Belt - ???

10 comments:

Elaine said...

I absolutely love this look on you!!!!!! My fave for sure.

www.clothedmuch.com

Unknown said...

@Elaine - Thank you!!

Christina said...

God those boots are gorgeous! Already doing something different with that dress and I love it.

Linda said...

What a great way to take that dress into fall!

The Auspicious Life

Mandy said...

These layers look really cute. You would be by far the best dressed lumberjack!

Rebecca said...

That's a great idea for making a summer dress autumn-friendly.

Destined For Now said...

How creative! I would never have thought to do this combo...I love it.

Sarah said...

I love all of your fun layers! Oh my gosh Lauren you have no idea the nightmares I'm having about finding the momma mouse. Uggh I'm getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about it....FYI I heard a squeek this morning behind my stove...please don't let it be the mom!

Anonymous said...

That dress is amazing, you can wear anything with it and look great.

stylegenerator said...

That dress is amazing, you can wear anything with it and look great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style