November 18, 2010

A Certain Je Nais Se Quoi

First attempt - Do not pass Go

Second attempt - Pretty and exactly what I was going for...
Sometimes the look that you have in your head for days doesn't exactly work out in real life.  That is why you end up with attempt #1 at top.  The polka dots were just all kinds of wrong.  It was a bit too cutesy, almost cartoony, and just wasn't working, which was evident once I looked at the photos.  Both my magical mirror and my mirror of truth fooled me into thinking "eehhh, maybe this works??", but the camera never lies.  I still wanted to try the knee-high socks though, so I exchanged the polka dots for plain black, and well, I kind of love it.






This look also wouldn't be the same without the beret/beanie/knit hat. With its added touch, I feel like I'm channeling a Parisian who should be sitting in a cafe in Paris, sipping a cafe a lait with a croissant and watching the people go by.  Too bad I am in fact sitting in a cubby, in small-town Virginia with only bad, burnt office coffee to entice me.

Interestingly enough though, there is a Paris, Virginia not that far away from where I work.  Except there are just a bunch of cows and mountains around there - beautiful scenery, just not the Eiffel Tower.

Happy day before Friday!! Is anyone catching the insane midnight showings of Harry Potter tonight!? :)

Red Dress - Calvin Klein via TJMaxx
TurtleNeck - Gap
Red Pumps - Wet Seal
Belt - J.Crew
Polka Dot Socks - Target
Black Socks - Ross
Hat - H&M
Necklace - Jess LC
Sunnies - Old Navy
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style