November 12, 2010

It's a Marathon, not a Sprint...







I had a realization this morning about this 30 for 30 challenge - it's a marathon, not a sprint.  It's really easy to "remix" items in the first week.  I have a feeling that it is going to get a bit harder as time wears on (this being my first remix challenge). 5 days in and I feel like I have liked most every outfit I've come up with so far this week.  I wonder what next Friday will feel like...

I also have discovered that I am extra paranoid about keeping my 30 items clean, because I usually wear the same pants or shirts a few times before they get washed.  But I also feel like if something gets dirty, it has to be washed RIGHT NOW so that I can have it available just in case for the next day - as was the case with my white shirt the other day - I wear it one day, it gets dirty, and thus thrown into the wash and thus out of commission for at least the next two days while it dries [I don't use a drying machine for most of my clothes unless I am intentionally trying to shrink them].  So if one or two or horror of horrors THREE items get dirty, that's three less things to work with.

Anyway - the vibe of this outfit is kind of NYC/rocker-ish to me.  I was originally going to wear my red pumps with this, but when I put on the same turquoise hued hat and belt - they did not work.  If I had gone with a different colored belt, I think they would have worked better.  Oh well - that just means they'll have to wait till another day!

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a great weekend (will you be remixing?)!

Teal Sweater - J.Crew
Zebra Skirt, Turquoise Belt - Target
Turquoise Hat, Sunnies - Old Navy
Black Clogs - TJMaxx
Necklace - Jess LC

9 comments:

Christina said...

Can't believe that skirt is from Target. It is soo cute!

Joy said...

Love that skirt. I need something zebra print, I think. You and my co-blogger, Lise, have both worn animal prints this week and looked fabulous!

http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/

Linley said...

love this combo - the zebra print, booties, and leather jacket! looks great!

Unknown said...

such a great printed skirt! You can never go wrong with animal print!

Mandy said...

I love this outfit and those shoes are awesomeness. Keep up the remixing; you're doing great!

gina said...

Great skirt!

. said...

Ooo amazing skirt and I love it with the clogs!!

And I got a nice big blob of chocolate fondue on my cord blazer last night so please send me happy laundry thoughts ;)

Flashes of Style said...

You look soo pretty! <3

gina said...

Great skirt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style