November 3, 2010

Blech, Ugh, Blah






The only reason I am posting this humdrum outfit is for the sake of blogger honesty.  This outfit clearly reflects the lack of thought that went into it.  An attempt to layer was made, but it doesn't seem to work too well.  The lack of a belt is sorely missed and would have gone a long way in creating some kind of shape.  I think I was on the right track in keeping things overall simple with the *BAM* of the gold shoes - (yes, those are gold. sparkly. shoes. and I lurv them) - but went awry in the execution.  And then I didn't leave myself any time in the morning to really study my reflection for more than a moment before I had to run out the door.  Oh well.  The ironic thing is that I went I removed the white button-down later, I instantly liked my outfit a 100% more.

I also got really frustrated taking these pictures - I was trying out a new location and had a really hard time getting in the view of my camera on its tripod. Ah well.  So it goes, right? :)

I guess my other problem is that I have been severely lacking in creative inspiration.  It's so weird how some days you can feel uber-inspired by the littlest things and then you go through a spell of just feeling all dried up.  And you end up throwing on a humdrum outfit!

Today's outfit was much better though.  I'll be posting that one soon!!

Ever feel like you're lacking in the creativity department? What do you do to spark it?? And be honest, don't you love the sparkly gold shoes? (Actually don't be honest - I am very happy living in my "I love them" vibe right now :))

White Shirt - Land's End Canvas
Jeans - Gap
Grey Long-Sleeve T-shirt - J.Crew
Gold Shoes - TOMS
Leather Jacket - Loehmanns
Scarf - Gift

9 comments:

Joy said...

I kinda like it. I like it better without the jacket than with it. And I like the first picture. You may not have meant it to look like that, but it works!

http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Joy - You are too kind! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment!!

Meagan said...

I love the gold shoes. Something sparkly always makes any outfit better!
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

Kristina Clemens said...

Love all your classy looks! And the scenery in your pictures is lovely!
Kristina J.

Sarah said...

I think it is a very simple and chic look. i am glad you posted it even if you weren't a huge fan of the look. I have those days too.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

C said...

Oh, I TOTALLY have those days. More often than I'd like to admit. However, I really like this! The scarf is great, and I love how you've tied it! :)

Josh said...

This is actually Shey;

I love that your blah outfit would be me really trying. Today I am sporting yoga pants, a dirty sweatshirt and a ponytail. help me!

Anonymous said...

Lack of creativity now and then isn't a disaster. :) It's really nice that you're being open and honest showing outfits that you don't like.
I rely on other fashion bloggers for inspiration. :D

Elaine said...

Are those GOLD TOMS?!?!? I'm so jealous.

www.clothedmuch.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style