October 5, 2010

Day 2 - One Item, One Week (or Paging the Jolly Green Giant)


 So here we are, Day 2 of the One for One Challenge.  I'm either channeling the Jolly Green Giant (ho,ho,ho) or doing a conceptual look, channeling an early fall tree like the one on the right in this picture below...


You let me know which one you think it is. :)


I was originally going in a different direction with this outfit - different sweater, t-shirt, blazer, shoes - different everything, but when I pulled out the green blazer to see if it would work, I started going in a different direction...and this is where I ended up.  I had a little bit of trouble with the shoes, but decided to just stick with the green theme and throw these sparkly things on. I apparently have a lot of green in my closet!


Yesterday was a bit of a rough day for me, in the style world.  The TJMaxx Facebook contest I won? Well they posted larger editions of the photos and I saw some of the comments that people had left on there about my winning outfit. Ouch.  It was hard to read and even harder to not take personally, because I have an extremely hard time with criticism.  Buuuttt, my look was one of the winners, so at least me and the TJMaxx fashion editor thought it was kind of stylish? Yet even in remembering that, it still stings a little.  I forget that just because I try to be a positive voice in the style blog community, not everyone else feels that way and in fact they would rather tear people's looks apart.  That comes with the territory when you post pictures of yourselves for the world wide web to see though.  But for those who feel the need to tear those of us apart who are experimenting with our style, taking risks, and pushing boundaries, I leave you with this quote that my father gave to me eons ago.
"It's not the critic who counts
Nor the man who points out where the strong man stumble,
Nor where the doer of deeds could of done better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena
Whose face is marred by blood, sweat, and dust
Who strives valiantly and knows the great devotions
And who if he fails, at least he fails while doing greatly
So his place will never be with those timid souls who know neither victory
nor defeat." ~ President Theodore Roosevelt
All that to say - if you be dishin', you better be postin'.

 :)

Day 2 = Done.

Blazer, Cardi, Belt - J.Crew
Jeggings, T-shirt - Gap
Shoes, Necklace - Old Navy
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style