Tonight I had the opportunity to do a little presentation on how I use accessories to a group of women at one of the local churches in my small town. It was so much fun and such an honor to be asked to do something like that :). I kept things really light and informal, and it was a blast! As part of my demonstration and presentation, I decided to come up with a list of ten things that I try to do with accessories and thought that why not share these thoughts with my blogging friends? :) So here they are, for whatever they are worth!
1. When pairing silver with gold, go with bronzy gold and pewter silver tone jewelry.
2. Create a visual balance - if wearing a big statement necklace then pair with simple earrings. Big earrings with a simple necklace (or no necklace) and maybe a bracelet.
3. Layer a couple of necklaces together that are within the same color tone family.
4. A scarf can add a great visual element to a neutral outfit.
5. Try belting!!! Skinny belts, wide belts, a colored belt - they can be your best friend and add a finishing element to your overall outfit.
6. Be creative - twist a long necklace around your wrist for a new bracelet.
7. Shoes are my favorite accessory :). The crazier the shoe, the simple you can be with your accessories and outfit (if you want to :)).
8. Mix and match - If you have a jewelry set, don't think you have to only wear that necklace that with those earrings! Mix them up with other pieces!!
9. Tights, socks, gloves, hats, purses, necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, belts, pins, brooches, hairbands - there is so much to choose from! Find looks you love in magazines, catalogs, and blogs and try them out on your own canvas - you!
10. Take risks!! You'll be surprised by what works!
These are just a few tips that I use and try within my wardrobe. The last one is my favorite and something that I've tried to do much more of this year, especially because of this blog :).
What are yours?? Any favorite tips or rules that you go by when it comes to accessories? Please share below in the comments!!