August 4, 2010

Introducing Some New Loves...

When I opened up the plain brown box and saw this cover for the shoebox I was super-excited.  And then even more excited when I put the shoes on my feet and knew that I was in for a new love affair.  Especially since I got these on super-sale :).

I had a more inventive outfit in mind to pair with these heels as their debut, but unfortunately there was not enough time in the morning to try it out, so I quickly scanned my closet for a simple dress.  This J.Crew beauty was pulled out and kept.  Paired with my two-tone belt and black cardigan it was already a winner.  And I threw on this necklace (a new favorite - I would probably wear it with everything I owned) cause I knew its versatility would work well with this outfit.  I also tried out my black floral pin pinned to the belt, but it didn't make sense or look good enough to keep, so it was discarded.

I feel like it was a challenge to take pictures today.  I didn't feel like I was getting any good shots and then my camera battery died and I was stuck with what I had.  Fortuitously I ended up really liking these shots.


Hooray! Love my new loves...

And once I get my camera batteries charged up again I will post some pictures of the TOMS that I need help styling!  Thanks for the ideas so far!

Cardigan, Dress - J.Crew
Shoes - Jeffrey Campbell via UrbanOutfitters
Necklace - Old Navy (it's on sale online! Highly recommended!)
Two-Tone Belt - Loehmann's Clearance Center

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

I love your necklace. I might just go buy one!

-check out my blog please!
http://anensembleaday.blogspot.com/

Robyn said...

I actually gasped when I saw them. Then I made a scrunch nosed jealous face. Then I loved them again.

Sarah said...

I adore those shoes! They are so cute and perfect. Love the dress too. This is one great look.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Emily Kennedy said...

Hey Lauren,

I got your comment. I don't see your email address on your site. Any chance you could drop me a line so I could add you to my potential participants list? My email is SophiePinkCheeks@gmail.com.

About those shoes: Jeffrey Campbells? How divine! I just got a new pair of rather strappy black wedges, and I can't believe how much they've opened up my wardrobe. It's really exciting when a new shoe does that!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

Love your new shoes!! THe dress is quite pretty too. Happy Friday!!

xoxo, Ashley

Elaine said...

Love the new shoes!!! SOOO hot.

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

joana said...

ohhh SO CUTE. adorable adorable. Feel free to check on my blog and feel free to follow me, I'm following you. I would love if we could follow each other, ohh and if you have twitter you can add me too or facebook . I would be so glad.
♥, Jo

GFS said...

Me likey the shoes! Me likey!

Kelsey said...

I love your necklace. I might just go buy one!

-check out my blog please!
http://anensembleaday.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style