August 12, 2010

Basic Black

I wanted to dress very simply today.  For me that means jeans and a t-shirt.  And maybe a scarf.  And necklace.  And ring.  And bracelet.  Don't forget the earrings.  Or sandals.  But it's really very basic!

I did this profile pic mainly so that my parrot ring would be showcased.  So silly, isn't it?

The tassels on this scarf may be cut off.  It was really hard to style with them this morning because I felt like the color that I was trying to add to the outfit with the addition of the scarf wasn't really coming through because of all the extra threads hanging off of it.  We'll see what happens.

Also, it's a good thing I didn't wait a moment longer to take these pictures because literally the minute I took my last one, the skies opened and it started pouring.  I could see it getting progressively darker and darker, so knew I had to cut things short, but the sky got so dark, so quickly, with the clouds so low, I was afraid I was going to see a tornado come down out of the sky.  But praise the Lord, He spared me that terror.  And from getting soaked.

T-shirt - Banana Republic
Jeans - Gap
Scarf, Sunnies - Target
Ring, Necklace - Forever21
Sandals - UrbanOutfitters
Earrings, Bracelet - gifts

PS - I stopped in Payless last night to kill some time until I met up with some friends for dinner last night, and they have some seriously awesome accessories for great prices! Plus it is BOGO time right now over there. Be sure to check yours out!

5 comments:

joana said...

OMG you look STUNING. on your basic outfit

Mandy said...

So very cute! I love those brown sandals.

Christina said...

Black with cool accessories is definitely my favorite kind of outfit! You look great in yours.

Emily Kennedy said...

Mmm, basic black. That's good stuff. Next week, when the temperatures drop a bit here I'm going to try to do a basic black look with a long skirt and see how that goes.

Emily Kennedy said...

Mmm, basic black. That's good stuff. Next week, when the temperatures drop a bit here I'm going to try to do a basic black look with a long skirt and see how that goes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style