July 28, 2010

So I Dress Like a Kid, Big Deal...


What? Don't judge...you know that the little J.Crew Crewcuts kids inspire you too...I have no problem admitting to my inspiration.  As Elaine said earlier today, if J.Crew told me to go jump off a bridge, I probably would.

I was in a little bit a sticky situation though.  I just wore my chambray shirt yesterday, so I couldn't pull off the inspiration look exactly.  And I decided to add a lightweight jacket to the whole ensemble.  And instead of belting my outfit with a cardigan, I just went with a super-cool belt.  So while the basics are the same (skinny pants, ruffled tank, blue shirt) it's still a bit different.

My camera and I are fighting again today by the way.  All the raw images that came out looked completely different from each other, even though they were all on the same setting.  Photography classes are in looking to be in order shortly (or, just reading my camera's manual - either one).

Notice the two tones in the belt?? I absolutely love it.

And thank you by the way for all the comments - you all have no idea how much you make my day!!  Cheers!

Pants - Gap
Ruffled Tank - The Crew (as in J.)
Blue Button Down Shirt - No Idea - was a closet find!
Khaki Jacket - Marshalls, a few years ago
Shoes - Tahari via DSW
Belt - Loehmanns
Necklace - American Eagle
Earrings - Target
Sunnies - Old Navy

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually think these are by far the best pictures you've taken yet!

Sarah said...

Hey, if the kid dresses well then it is okay to dress like a kid! Great outfit. I really like it.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ah, that would be because I put them through the Microsoft Image Editing Tool :). But thank you!! You need to come teach me how to take pictures! :)

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

this totally works for grown-ups, too! seriously, though, j crew kids makes me wish i was six again.

20 YORK STREET said...

Your outfit (and you!) is so adorable!

http://twentyyork.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love your belt!!! The whole ensemble is just fabulous!! I'm always totally inspired by kids' clothes too. There's this Old Navy/Gap commercial with a bunch of little girls in boots that I can't get outta my head :)

GFS said...

These pics are VERY J CREW! Love the styling of this!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

this totally works for grown-ups, too! seriously, though, j crew kids makes me wish i was six again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style