August 18, 2011

Inspirations

aug1711 

aug1711 2 

aug1711 3 

aug1711 4 

aug1711 5

What happens when you get inspired by guest post bloggers on one of your favorite blogs?  Why you adapt it for yourself of course!  And then combine that with watching episodes of STC late at night, you get big pearls, a big bun, and a big flower to complete the look.  Perhaps this is my way of channeling the call of NYC that I am feeling lately.

And hooray, it's Thursday! Finally.  This has felt like the never-ending week - crazy busy in the office.  It's kind of been like the Never-Ending Story, except less creepy and with less puppets.

Dress - H&M
Shirt - Land's End Canvas
Shoes - Urban Outfitters
Flower Pin - Anthro
Necklace - Old..Target maybe?
Sunnies - Old Navy

12 comments:

Rebekah O'Dell said...

I've been hankering for NYC, too!

Annie said...

Oh, this might be one of my favorite outfits of yours EVER (I feel like I say that a lot, but this time... really!). Love the gingham with the floral. And the shoes! Just beautiful!

kenda said...

great outfit. i'm loving the pattern mixing & i can't get enough of tied shirts this summer.

Lauren said...

Seriously friend - I am DYING to go. I guess I need to find another global B-boy competition to go to ;)

Lauren said...

Thanks Annie!! By the way I was thinking about you this morning and your teenager conference - if you are still thinking of topics, why not something kind of related to your recent blog post about girls and how we should be calling them into a bigger story/adventure?? Just a thought :)!! Can't wait to hear what you decide to do!

Lauren said...

Thanks Kenda! It was definitely a little bit of a stretch for me to try the tied shirt, but I like how it came out!!

MONKEYFACE said...

K first of all, THANK YOU for saying the Neverending Story was creepy.  I thought I was the only one who had nightmares over that one.  Now onto the cuteness of your outfit...when I have money again I'm totally hitting up Lands End Canvas.  They have really cute stuff and this versatile top is no exception!

Lauren said...

TOTALLY was creepy. What were my parents thinking letting me watch that at such an impressionable young age? :)

And yes, you need to hit up LE Canvas. I really enjoy their button downs thus far!

asktheduplex said...

I'm so in love with this look! I want that top.

Ask the Duplex
 

Alamodeetplus said...

Love your gingham and big flower! And the pattern mixing. Annnnd why not answer that NYC call and go to Fashion's Night Out with me!! :)

Lauren said...

Laura, if my life wasn't imploding from stress in September, I would SO be there with you!! I'm thinking of trying to go in October. Just curious - how are you going to get there? Are you taking a bus, train?

Katie said...

Wowee I love this!  The pattern play is awesome :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style