June 23, 2011

Hakuna Matata





The humidity has hit here in Virginia.  And that means some wild hair.  I always call my hair a lion's mane, but it wasn't until I did a Google Image search for this post that I realized how close to the truth I actually am...





It appears that Mufasa and I both share the same colorist - he has some lovely golden highlights, don't you think? - as well as some natural volume.  I give you the freedom to call me Simba for the rest of the summer if you'd like.  Or you can just leave lyrics to various Lion King songs in the comments. :)

This was a weekend look worn out to a friend's backyard birthday party which was so fun! I really love this color pairing too - that olive green cardi is going to go with everything - just like those peach shorts.  It was a fun outfit to wear for a fun time :).

Is the weather affecting your hair?  Do you care or do you just let it run wild?  And what was the best part of Lion King in your eyes?

Shorts, Tank, Cardi - J.Crew
Necklaces - Jess LC, Charlotte Russe
Belt - The Limited 
Sandals - Urban Outfitters
Purse - Marshalls
Sunnies - Target


8 comments:

hurricanekerrie said...

I really like the color combo, too! Reminds me of sorbet. :)

Lol about Mufasa. The humidity really does take a toll on my hair (when we do get it) that's why I end up putting my hair up in some sort of bun. At the moment, though, we're enjoying some cool 50-degree weather. In June. So no Lion King moments here yet...

 

Annie said...

love this color combo... so summer-y!

Jasmine, Transient Withdrawal said...

The colors in this outfit are truly wonderful--peach, olive green, and pink! I need to find a pair of peach shorts :) Best part of Lion King was...oh I can't choose. It's my favorite Disney movie!

Lauren said...

I know, it was such a great movie, wasn't it? :) thanks for stopping by!

Lauren said...

Thanks Annie!

Lauren said...

Kerrie, my hair did end up in a bun later that night! Tooooo hot not to!!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

What a cute outfit! You look lovely! 

Lauren said...

Thanks so much Vanessa and thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style