April 18, 2011

Taking This One to the Bank...

These are the walkin' to work shoes (I swear, it was rainy in the morning - not bright, beautiful, gorgeous sunshine)

And these are the work day shoes...


When I was walking home from work today, I passed a woman walking by.  I assume she was out exercising since she was wearing sweats and walking at a brisk pace.  I was having a lovely walk myself, just enjoying the deep, deep pleasures that spring brings to my heart - a warm, but not too hot, temperature; the bright vivid green and blues; flowers blooming; birds singing.  So as we pass by each other, she says to me, "Great boots!  I haven't seen boots like those since I lived in New York!"

Dream. Come. True.

If the small town girl isn't going to live in the city, she can at least channel it!  I am going to be filing that one away for those days in which my mirror/creative powers fail me.  "Yes, I know, I may look odd/crappy/strange/not-what-i-was-going-for-hate-everything-i-own-in-my-closet, but at least my boots make me look like I belong in NYC!"

And I don't think she meant it as a backhand compliment either - double score!

Top - Anthro
Skirt - Old Navy
Belt - H&M
Necklaces - Urban Outfitters, Jess LC
Watch - TJMaxx
Boots - Zappos
Wedges - TJMaxx

5 comments:

Christine said...

Those bright boots are so much fun!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

Love it! You know your outfit is good when it gets a compliment like that. Love that top!

Elaine said...

Eee!!! I love those red Hunter boots!

Karrisa_T said...

I love those boots, too! And the fact that they're red make them so much more covetable! (Is that a word? haha) I need some rainboots, seriously. I also love the leopard wedges. So cute, this entire outfit!
Kudos on channeling the city vibe hehe

Kristen Gardner Photography said...

You are so adorable! Love the boots... and the compliment. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style