April 21, 2011

Agean Dreams






I don't know how this look came about this morning - it was the result of one of those closet moments in which things are being strewn about, flying through the air, and one thing is working, but not the other, so through the closet you go again, trying one thing and the next, until BAM, an inspiration suddenly hits!

It makes for quite a dramatic outfit process, doesn't it? :)  Quite the opposite of when outfits actually get planned.  But why take out the drama?

I almost ran out of the house without the belt - that would have been a mistake.  It would not have completed the look in my opinion...which strangely enough ended up resembling one of those iconic images of Mediterranean Greece.  I guess if I can't actually be there, I can dress to look like it, right?  Or pull out my copy the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - either or.  I guess I'll go the outfit route today...

Skirt - J.Crew
Top - Banana Republic
Jacket - Gap
Belt, Sunnies - TJMaxx
Scarf - Gift
Shoes - TOMS
Necklace, Earrings - Jess LC

4 comments:

Annie said...

Love how this outfit came out (and i love the shout out to Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ~ did any girl NOT want to visit Greece after that book/movie?)

Christina said...

Wow I love the color palette and you are totally right, it is very Greek. Love the bun too! A healthy dose of drama is ok too.

Katie said...

I heart the sparkly TOM's :) Your outfit definitely has a Mediterranean look....I very much like!

http://coworkinitout.tumblr.com/

Unknown said...

@Annie - lololol, seriously - who didn't want to go Greece after watching that movie?

@Christina - As long as the drama stays in the closet, then I'm ok with it :)

@Katie - Thanks so much!! I love those shoes - they seriously go with everything!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style