March 1, 2011

Home Sweet Home





It is good to be home.

I do love to travel and visit other places, and Las Vegas was no different.  Such an interesting city.  I have to admit that I like NYC and DC more, but Vegas is cool in its own way.  But nothing beats being home in sweet Virginia.

First, a big huge thanks goes out to Kerrie, Monk, Mandy, and Christina for filling in for me last week while I was off on my first business trip for my new job...in Las Vegas :).  Sadly, because I am hyper-paranoid about losing luggage (it's carry-on for me all the way) and also didn't have any time to snap pictures in anywhere cool, I had a VERY limited wardrobe and didn't feel like I was in the kind of mental state to be stylish, so no Vegas pics.  So my uninspired wardrobe will have to just stay behind in Vegas.  Hey, I had to leave something there, right? :)

This is the first outfit in a week that I felt like even had an inkling of style.  Maybe it's because today was the first day in over a week that I actually wore heels!  I was walking so much last week that I just stuck with flats for most of the time and just haven't had a chance to wear heels since getting back.  But today I was determined to do so.

I'm actually lucky that I even came up with this outfit.  I am still adjusting to my new work hours and only had like 2 minutes to get dressed.  Thank flippin' goodness for black dresses.  They are little gifts sent from God.  Instantly stylish just because it is cut into a dress shape and its color is black.  Perhaps that is why I can't get enough of them :).

Thanks for hangin' with me and a big welcome to the new readers!  Please leave me a comment - I am slowly, but surely making my way around the blogosphere, catching up on posts I missed and leaving comments with millions of exclamation points :). Sorry, can't help myself! I love the inspiration of all you ladies!

Dress - Banana Republic
Tights - Walmart
Shoes - TJMaxx
Necklace - Payless
Scarf - Jen Loves Kev Etsy shop
Trench Coat - Old Navy (seriously, you should get yourself one - they are only $50!)
Sunnies - Target

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like Vegas, but it is definitely a strange city. I like that coat a lot.

Linda said...

Welcome back!
I went to Vegas for the first time over the winter break and I was surprised that I enjoyed it. I think there was just so much stimulation and I liked looking at everything. It helped that we stayed at the nicest hotel I've ever been to.

I love the cowl against all that black and the long necklace!

The Auspicious Life

Christine said...

I hope Vegas was great. I think you look great in this! those shoes are lovely!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Karrisa_T said...

Heey, welcome back! Did you gamble? Haha! I like Vegas--for only a few days. It wears me out. I do like NYC--the grime and the chaos is fantastic.

Anyway, the first thing I noticed were your power heels! Great find...

Christina said...

Welcome back! You look great! I love the green scarf and the trench. They add so much to this outfit!

Nicole Galvydis said...

I have fallen in love. With your shoes. P.S. Audrey Hepburg IS your doppleganger.

Mandy said...

Welcome back!! We definitely missed you in the blogging world!

C said...

The color combination of the scarf and necklace are just perfect here! I love it!

jenloveskev said...

The scarf looks fabulous on you!! Thanks so much for ordering one.

jenloveskev said...

The scarf looks fabulous on you!! Thanks so much for ordering one.

Nicole Galvydis said...

I have fallen in love. With your shoes. P.S. Audrey Hepburg IS your doppleganger.

jenloveskev said...

The scarf looks fabulous on you!! Thanks so much for ordering one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style