August 25, 2010

Yeehaw! Yippee Kay-Yi-Yay! Rollhide!

The weather has cooled off here in NOVA and I couldn't be happier.  To celebrate I decided to wear this plaid shirt.  And also decided that I wanted to try to style it like I've seen in a J.Crew catalog - button up the shirt all the way and add a chunky necklace.  It's a look that's way different for me because I can't remember the last time I buttoned a shirt all the way up.  But I really liked how it looked with my Old Navy necklace.  I also went through a couple of different bottoms (skirts and pants) until I decided that black was going to be my best bet with this blue plaid today.  Then I grabbed my flower pin and started placing it in a bunch of different places in front of my mirror and I loved how it popped off the shirt when it was placed high, so just pinned it through one of the links of the necklace, and *voila* - I had my outfit!  I like to call this my "western chic" look :).  Because you know that J.Crew would call it that too!

Shirt, Pants - J.Crew
Necklace, Sunnies - Old Navy
Flower - The Limited
Wedges - Target
Belt - ??
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style