August 14, 2010

Saturday Wedding

Yay! One of my very good friends got married today.  I got to play the roll of pseudo-wedding planner for the ceremony, sending people down the aisle, which was really fun!  It brought out my inner bossy first child-ness AND people actually listened to me! It was just like when I used to boss my friends around when I was eight and made them play as horses or with Barbies :).

But I searched for a while to find the right dress.  I had started out with a one-shoulder light purple/lilac J.Crew dress, but it just didn't fit right.  So I returned it for this beautiful mint green silk chiffon number that I saw online.  I have to hand it to J.Crew - this dress cost more than the one I returned, and I was fully expecting to pay the difference, but the customer service agent who I spoke with let me exchange it for the price of the other dress (probably because they know that I will spend the difference at their store at some point!) :).

I also had the most perfect hair day that I have probably ever had in my life.  My hair fell straight, felt soooo soft, and smelled wonderful.  It was awesome. Especially since yesterday it was a great big frizzball!


Dress - J.Crew
Heels - Tahari via DSW
Bracelet - Payless
Earrings - Loehmanns
Scarf, Purse - Gifts
Sunnies - Old Navy

2 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

Gorgeous! The shape is divine on you and I love it with those heels!

Anonymous said...

Wow did you ever score; I never heard of any store doing that. Beautiful dress.

- Patricia
fivefootsomething.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disqus for Small Time Style